Chapter 2: All-watcher

I heard his cane before I saw him, making me more anxious every tap I hear. The All-Watcher zusmos, short in stature had a solid oak cane with a crooked hand, he's blind in one eye and it was a foggy silver. He's older than the rest of us and is very wise, he's the one who helps us with problems that we can't solve. He cares for us, but I end up under his skin half the time. I adverted my eyes, but he still saw the red nub of a use to be horn. "Nille" he spoke in a deep and quiet voice, it made me shiver, I looked up to meet his gaze. "What happened to your horn Nille." I felt my stub with the bloody bandages "I was caught by a human, I was looking for materials to make traps outside the..."
           I was cut off "no Nille, you wouldn't have gotten close if you didn't know that the human had some shiny." He frowned. " you do know we need to hide in secret to keep our home safe, not go out stealing from the main roads." I nodded and looked to my feet. "Please do stay away from them, if any of them found this village, it would be over for us in a day" his voice crinkled my mind "yes All-Watcher" he looked back up at the horn "go to Ovi and get that fixed up" Zusmos walked away with his Cane in hand, each step making me wince.
Tugs was waiting for me in the medical room and had the sorcerer/village doctor- ovi -rummaging around. "I'm sorry Tugs, you know that I have no spell to repair appendages" her head in a spell book " oh come on snobs, nothing?" Ovi glared " fraud not, all I can do is put some numbing leaves on it to sooth the pain" ovi rummages around in a box and pulls out an assortment of different herbs. As she peaks at the horn she grimaces "that does look bad hun, let me help you out" she puts a couple leaves in a pestle and adds a splash of water, then proceeds to crush them. After grinding them into a paste. "Pull the bandages off and wash it off in the water" she points at a tall basin sitting in the corner of the room.
          As I pulled my head out of the water ovi dries the  horn and applies the paste generously. "Alright, all you have to do is crush these leaves with water." Handing me a pile of leaves and a pestle "Thanks ov" Tugs said with a defeated sounding sigh. "It's ok Tugs, you tried to help and I'm grateful" I  wave goodbye to Ovi and walk out with tugs.
            After we are clear of ear shot from any one I start looking in my bag, I pull out a golden goblet that had 4 gemstones imbedded into it Tugs looked at it with large eyes, when he sees something he likes his eyes open and his pupils are as large as plates. "So that's what you got" "yep and I couple other shiny things, I peek in, it looks like a mini treasure trove. Tugs looks in and giggles "that's beautiful" I look at tugs, he's in utter awe, I like Tugs. He's my best friend, I'd die for him if I had to, a horn is a small price to see him this happy.