Ch. 14 - Do Your Best, Everyone!

A/N: Mostly just a filler chapter this time...

----------

Hitomi sat still as Recovery Girl placed some gauze on Hitomi's cheek

"I've stopped the swelling for now, so leave it alone until your next match, okay?"

Hitomi nodded as she got up to leave. "Mm. Thank you, Recovery Girl."

The bluenette tentatively placed a hand on the gauze as she walked back to the 1-A stands, recalling Mina's punch.

I never expected her to hit me so hard...

...

When she got to the stands, she took the seat on Midoriya's right in the front row.

"Great job on your match, Kanetsukabe-san!"

"Hey... Thanks."

Hitomi looked at the ring to find it was empty.

"Have they not started the next match yet?"

"Oh, no... it's already over."

"What? Really?!"

"Yeah... Tokoyami-kun didn't give Yaoyorozu-san any time to create much, and he knocked her out of bounds. It was over pretty quickly..."

Hitomi felt disappointment rise in her chest, faltering. "Oh no... I missed it..." She hadn't even gotten to watch Yaoyorozu's match after giving her crappy advice.

Midoriya rose up from his seat, giving Hitomi a sheepish smile. "Well, I'm gonna go... I'll be back in a bit."

"Where are you going?"

Hitomi noticed the boy's cheeks turn a slight red. "Um... I'm going to see Uraraka-san before her match..."

Ah.

"Oh. Okay then. Your seat will be waiting for you."

She waved as Midoriya left, turning back to the ring when Present Mic announced Kirishima and Tetsutetsu would be next.

----------

Hitomi covered her mouth in shock as Uraraka charged again at Bakugou. She'd continually taken all of the boy's explosions, smoke covering a majority of the stage.

Does she even have a plan?

She watched as Uraraka was thrown back again by Bakugou's quirk, more smoke covering the ring. Hitomi winced, before noticing movement near the top of the smoke clouds.

As her eyes trailed upwards, she saw debris from the stage floating in the air.

I see...!

Uraraka had been taking all the hits to set up a distraction in the sky.

The crowd had started booing at Bakugou, not noticing the floating debris as Present Mic's commentary halted for Aizawa to take over instead.