Seven: What Did You Do To Your Arm And Why Are You Dripping In The Pasta?

Percy P.O.V:

Organizing things is hard. I cannot believe people seriously make a career out of this. To want to do this willing, now that took a monster I had yet to meet. In any case, I had finally managed to unpack my duffle bag, which had been full of my weapons, armor and weapon holsters. After duct-taping a knife to the bottom of my bed, I finally decreed my new room habitable.

I wandered around the cave for an hour or so, making a mental map of where things were, I decided to see if Diana had followed through and got me the Wi-Fi and ice cream. I leisurely strolled through the long, enclosed, tight, dark, quiet, yeah, no I'm running. I hated this cave. Its vast cavernous spaces reminded me too much of the dome that was the belly of the Pit and the thin tunnels reminded me of veins. Or worse, the Labyrinth.

After sprinting for a good five minutes, picking hallways at random, feeling more trapped and panicky by the minute, I found myself in a huge training complex. There was so much equipment, I didn't even know what some of it was. I could identify a lot of gymnastics equipment, a large parkour obstacle course of some kind, punching bags, a sparing mat, weights, and oh thank the gods a huge, Olympic sized swimming pool with a 10 ft high rise and diving board. Hell yeah.

I ran to the pool, pulling off my vest. I left the rest of my clothes on because 1) it would be a pain in the ass to take them off while running at full speed and 2) scars. I didn't need the Kiddies feeling sorry for me. So yeah, long story short, I was now at the bottom of the pool and was most likely going to take a nap.

Artemis P.O.V:

It had been 6 hours since our failed attempt at winning the game and Percy was nowhere to be seen. We had checked her room, which she didn't seem to be in though we didn't actually go inside. No telling what kind of traps she a had laid in there...It was almost time for dinner and Percy didn't seem like the person who would miss out in food. We all patiently set the table and M'gahn did her best to serve all the places we set. The Zeta Tube hummed to life and made an announcement that made us all curious and worried.

Batman A06

What was Batman doing here? Sure enough, the Dark Knight himself walked into the room.

"Batman," Robin exclaimed, "what are you doing here?" That's what I wanna know!

"I was told that you had a new instructor, I thought it would be best if I introduced myself and became acquainted with the person who is to be training you," Batman answered. I could hear a slight dark tint to his voice. He was planning something. It seemed the rest of the team sensed it too, as everyone in the room stiffened a little. Just as the tension got to be almost too much, Percy burst into the room, dripping wet, her right sleeve pulled up to her shoulder, her entire right arm colored a dark purple, a crazed smile on her face. She looked up and examined the people in the room.

"Oh hey, Batman. What's for dinner, I'm starving." She then proceeded to sit down at one of the places set at the table, obviously expecting the rest of us to join her. After settling down at the table, Percy respectfully waited for everyone to be seated then she did something unexpected; she bowed her head, clasped her hands and began to mutter in another language. When I thought of our new instructor, I never had thought of her as religious. The very notion never even crossed my mind. But, I guess it didn't really matter, her brief prayer was already done.

"You must be Percy, the new instructor Diana had brought in," Batman said in a monotone voice. He didn't seem too thrilled about Diana's choice in educator.

"I like to think so. Otherwise, we have a much bigger problem on our hands." Percy replied, her voice practically dripping with sarcasm. Never had I ever dreamed I would see someone think about mouthing off to the Dark Knight, let alone do it. Batman grimaced at Percy's remark. She seemed to be unaware of the grave she was digging, considering she just kept eating the pasta M'gahn had prepared.

"Tell me, Percy, how old are you exactly? What are your qualifications for being an instructor for the young proteges? Why did Diana suggest you so heavily?" This dinner was turning into more and more of an interrogation. Percy didn't seem to care, so while we're here, we might as well listen and find out the info as well...

"I'm 17, to answer your first question," Percy stated, not at all phased by the look the Bat sent her way. "I don't really have any qualifications other than being a soldier in a few recent battles, and I have no clue why Diana wanted me. Something about new techniques." Percy answered blandly.

"What did you do to your arm and why are you dripping in the pasta?" Wally blurted out, no longer able to keep himself from stating the obvious.

"Well," Percy replied, "two things happened. First, I found the pool. Then, I found some dye that you put in the water to practice skills underwater in complete darkness."

"Then why isn't your whole body purple?" Questioned Connor. Percy looked a tad sheepish.

"I, ah, never got around to actually putting the dye into the water. I couldn't open it." She admitted.

"Then how, I ask, did you coat your entire arm with it?" Kaldur asked, his curiosity drawing him out into the limelight of the conversation. Percy just smiled at him.

"That my friend is a very good question that I wish I had the answer to," Percy said with a wink. Good god. This was our instructor? Someone who couldn't open a jar of dye, came to the dinner table wet and revolved her "lesson" around sparkly blue duct-tape? Yeah, Perseus Jackson was totally qualified to teach the proteges of the Justice League.

Percy P.O.V:

I really hope this stuff comes out otherwise I ruined two shirts, three towels, and my arm...