Chapter 23

Hey guys!

I just realized how long this HFR is going to be compared to the OG-- hint, its going to be a whole hell of a lot longer.

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 23

       Jax used to always say the only thing about me that every annoyed him was the lengths I went through when I was curious about something.

       I never really understood what he meant until we were thirteen and I let my curiosity get a little too far out of hand. We had ended up in the back of a moving truck, surrounded by piles and piles of some unknown people's boxes, half way across the Canadian border—but that's a story for another time.

       That had been years ago, and I've learned to control my actions a little better since then. I didn't necessarily do crazy things anymore to stop the curiosity, especially after I officially came home. But, well, this was Rex Turner we're talking about—and there was nothing I wasn't willing to do when it came to that boy.

       I absolutely, one-hundred and twenty-five percent, should not have done what I did that night though. It was a huge invasion of privacy, and kind of stalkerish. The worst part was that I knew all this going into it. I remembered the way Jax had been furious last time I did something so- well, reckless—but I couldn't help it.

       I followed Rex and the others—to whatever they were doing that I 'didn't need to know' about.

       I had "borrowed" my dad's 2018 Jeep Explorer that he kept safely tucked away in the garage. He was never home to use it, Luce had her own vehicle, and I still, um, didn't have my license. So, it just sat away in there, collecting dust when it desperately wanted to be taken out and seen. At least, that was what I told myself, so I wouldn't feel bad for taking it.

       I was a little apprehensive about driving anything after the whole vomiting-sports car fiasco, but then I had that whole curiosity problem, so my mind evened itself out.

       Rex had dropped me off that afternoon with a small, rather apologetic, smile pulling at that beyond gorgeous face of his, and that same promise that we would do something tomorrow. He had no idea I had been planning on following him ever since he walked me back to class. I knew it was a super, duper, bad idea at the back of my mind, but that never really stopped me before.

       I edged the Jeep forward onto the driveway just as the sun started to set and parked it conveniently so I had a perfect view of Trey's house to my left. Creepy, I know, but I was on a stakeout. I would have sat in my living room until I saw them leave, if only to seem a little less stalkerish, but just as I was coming to that decision the boys stepped through Trey's front door.

       I slouched down far in the seat, despite the insanely tinted windows and dark night sky, and peaked just barely over the side of the door. They all stood outside Trey's SUV and Rex's car, for a few, long, nail biting seconds before they finally got in. The Dimajios and Trey into his huge vehicle, and Rex into that infamous convertible.

       I waited until they had all pulled out of the driveway and started down the street before I let dad's Jeep purr to life and followed. I tried to keep a far enough distance where they wouldn't notice, but close enough where I wouldn't lose them—and let me tell you driving at night was not fun. I was barely passing Driver's Ed as it was and having to sneakily follow people in the dark was not on the curriculum.