Royal Party Crasher

-------------------2 months later-------------------

 I had spent these last months, planning, taking down multiple agents and generally pissing off people. This year, the meeting was in the Vampires Castle, and luckily for us, I knew exactly where that was. My plan was to stay in the mountains relatively close to the castle, yet still, be wary of the clan of vampires roaming the area. These ones were particularly vicious and lethal, as they were part of the Royal Clan and were trained extraordinarily well. Luckily, I had the same advantages as them, better speed, strength and senses. Luckily though, I seemed to have missed out on the lethal, bloodsucking part.

We got there just before dark, so we couldn't see the castle, just the lights of the villages and the wall around it. The meeting was in two nights. First of all, they had a masked ball and dinner, and then the next morning, they had a political meeting. So of course, my genius idea is to go to the masked ball, with my smell covered as the shapeshifters tended to be quite good at smelling. I had these bottles that would cover my scent for 48 hours at a time. Then, I would crash the meeting the morning after. 

So I slept, ideas and plans trickling through my head as I fell asleep. The next day, I found a lake to bathe in, refreshed myself and my clothes. I dressed in all dark clothes, as that is what vampires usually wear. I had black jeans and tight long sleeve black top and a black cloak. I plaited my hair back in a fishtail plait. I managed to hide three daggers, one sword and a bow on my body. Just in case.

Swallowing the bottle I rendered myself scentless. Now I just had to walk into the village and buy a dress, shoes, food and a mask. Not hard, right?

 Once I got to the gates I was stopped by two guards.

"What are you doing in here?" He said, glaring at me suspiciously.

"Oh, I'm just here to buy some herbs for my grandma. I thought I was allowed? I will come back another time if I have to?" I said, batting my eyelashes, and pulling down my hood. His gaze softened and he nodded at once letting me in. I rolled my eyes. The grandma trick gets them every time. Proceeding to the market I spotted a food store at once. Gathering what I needed, I paid quickly and then continued to the clothes shop. The town here was bustling, yet dark. Cobbles lined the streets and even though the town was colourfully decorated for the Royals, who I guessed were arriving tomorrow morning, in time for the ball that night, an air of usual vampire darkness surrounded it. Once I was in the clothes store I saw the long gowns at the back of the room. Immediately, a dark red dress caught my eye. 

It was sleeveless but had an off the shoulder red slight frill. It gathered at the waist, darker red coming from the sides to the middle. On the second half, it flowed, gold ingraining itself in the pattern from the bottom fading to the dark red at the top. It trailed slightly on the floor. Perfect. It would suit my dark brown hair perfectly. I also saw matching red high heels, but you wouldn't see them. I saw a dark red mask with gold swirls on the sides as well and bought that too. It was expensive, very expensive. 

As I was walking out of the shop I saw two Agents, dressed in black. They were looking around scanning the area, probably for threats, but I wondered if they were here for me. I walked away swiftly, my hood pulled low over my head. As I looked behind me, I saw that they weren't there anymore. Oh shit. I walked into an ally and got out my bow and arrow and also made sure my daggers were ready, I didn't want to make myself a national threat if I couldn't help it, at least, not yet. I saw one of the agents on top of the building on the side, looking down at me. Quickly I lined up my shot and fired. An arrow hit him squarely in the head. I heard movements behind me and dropping my bow, I whirled around with my dagger ready. The other agent was there, just as I predicted. I swiped at his head and he leant back. He punched my stomach and tried to hit my head. I managed to block him and swiped at his feet. He fell, magnificently.

Are you okay?

I'm good Alina, just tying up loose ends.

She sent me a mental image of smirking as she replied.

Don't forget to have fun!

Once he had fallen, I stabbed a dagger straight into his heart. I checked for tattoos and sure enough, there was the agency symbol. They were gonna be pissed even more now I had taken down 2 more Agents. That was about 20 agents in total. Oops. I just loovveee pissing people off. First, the Riders and the Agency and I am sure that somewhere along the way I managed to annoy probably the Vampires and definitely the Shapeshifters. I was definitely going to become a topic at the meeting. I cleaned the blood off my dagger and walked out of the ally as innocently as I could.

I sped back to my cave as fast as possible. Once I was there I realised it was going to be hard to get ready for a highly exclusive, prestigious ball in a cave. I couldn't wait to tell Zara about this! The realisation hit me hard as I realised that I wouldn't be able to tell her about this. I couldn't help the sadness sinking in my stomach as I fell asleep, but it was still masked by the excitement of the ball I would be attending tomorrow night. 

I slept in until midday the next day, curled up next to the white scales of Alina. She would have to be ready to evacuate me if everything went south, but we had already discussed the plan. I watched the village until around 5, watching all the different Royal parties come. The Riders, Shapeshifters and Witches had come, the Vampires and Agency must be inside and the Elementals were arriving now. They all arrived differently, the Witches teleporting, the Riders flying, the Shapeshifters running and now the Elementals on horseback.

It was five now, and I went to the lake to get ready. Once my hair was washed and dry I brushed it out using the very old comb I had bought with me. Leaving it down because there wasn't much I could do with it, I continued to pull on my dress, fasten my shoes and put on my mask. I wore my full-length cloak to hide my dress. I managed to hide a dagger around my thigh, one fold up one in my shoe and one down the front of my dress. I fitted a mini-crossbow to my cloak I would have to do without my sword and bow. I packed everything up so I could leave in a hurry if I needed to. Swallowing my no scent potion I walked up to the village, vaulted over the wall, ran over rooves towards the castle. 

The castle was an enormous magnificent place with dark towers and a threatening vibe, but that just could be the general vampire vibe or the fact that there was head stuck on spikes at the front. Lovely.

I managed to lower myself in through the roof into the banquet hall. Swinging myself along the side of the walls I got to a nook in the wall at the top of the high walls and the arched ceilings. No one was in yet, but the hall was ready. It was enormous, candles and chandeliers everywhere. The windows had draped blood-red curtains, the floor was dark wood and the walls a pale cream. The arched roof was gold and dark wood. Overall it was magnificent. There was a full buffet on the side, platters upon platters. Some maids were scurrying about, applying finishing touches. Just then, an orchestra walked in. So extra. 

Then, a couple of vampires walked in, wearing well-dressed suits, most black and red. Perfect, my vampire excuse fits with the dress code. They positioned themselves next to the door. I left my cloak on and managed to sink into the shadows, it was impossible to see me.

"THE ROYAL VAMPIRE FAMILY" The vampire at the door announced. I nearly burst out laughing as the other one hit him over the head, and the Vampires walking in gave him a scornful yet amused look. I don't know who he was announcing to, as no one was in the room. They sat down at the throne. The party is starting.