Chapter 10

"What's up with you?" asked my boss.

"What do you mean, Mr. Kim?"

"Something seems different about you," he said. "You seem happier these days."

"Hmmm. I guess getting plenty of tips just really makes me happy."

He laughed. "Whatever you say, Lisa. Just clear the counter so you can go home."

"Yep. That's the plan."

Some nights, when Chaeyoung isn't too busy with her studies, she would come and hang out with me on the rooftop. We would just enjoy the view and talk about random stuff. I didn't think we would be good friends because we have very different personalities. Like if you knew us both, you wouldn't think we would hang out with each other. Also, I've never been friends with someone I've been in bed with.

Tonight, Chaeyoung kept knocking on my door. I opened it and she greeted me with a big smile. "Lisa! We have to go to the rooftop!"

"What's up, Chaeng? What are you so excited about?"

"There's a total lunar eclipse tonight. Come on, let's watch!"

When we got to the rooftop, the moon was just about to get engulfed in shadows.

"We just wait. Any minute now, Lisa."

"I haven't actually seen a total lunar eclipse before," I confessed.

"Me too! That's why I'm so excited."

A few minutes later, the moon turned blood red. We looked at each other like two little kids in awe.

"Quick, Lisa! Make a wish!" she said. I closed my eyes and made a wish. When I opened my eyes, I turned to Chaeyoung. "Done."

"What did you wish for?" she asked.

"It's a secret, Chaeyoung," I said. "What about you?"

"This," she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my lips. It was sweet and gentle. It totally caught me off guard. When I looked into her eyes, I knew there was no way I could resist her. I pulled her closer and kissed her beneath the blood red moon.