Chapter 49

Liana

The next morning, we woke up to the news and blogs about Oliver and Megan, apparently Megan was not having it, that they are over. She is taking it to another level as apparently she lost most of the contract after the break-up or whatever with Oliver. Oliver was annoyed and have to report to the office, which might I add that, he officially have a new office building in Seattle. He contacted his legal team to sue Megan, and I believe it is going to be nasty.

"Make sure if she plans to leave home, she is with guards!" He said to Jamie. I am under watch for sometime and I will be staying home for sometime, the family tour resume after a lot of pressure and assurance that I am fine.

While I was working in Oliver's office, he happily allow me to use up his office space to do my work and I took his offer. I got a text from an unknown number saying,

"That was a warning, watch your back or you never know." I had a shiver watching that text and I took a deep breath.

I pressed the number 1 key of the office's telephone. Jamie picked up like I expected:

"Ms.Parker." He greeted. "How May I help you?"

"Can you keep this away from Oliver for sometime?" He frowned at my words. "He have too much in his plates." I explain to him.

"He is my boss, keeping it away from him means I am being disloyal towards him."

"But didn't he said to do as I say?"

"That too, but it is putting you on risk. Master, won't like that."

"And I won't like it, if you tell him." I said.

"I will look into this matter." He said.

"Thanks." I said. "Remember to report to me, only. Oliver should not know about it."

He nodded his head and he stepped out from the room. I should have expected from Jamie, he cannot take my order very well because Jason called me within twenty minutes after my talk with Jamie.

"Jamie, told me about it."

"Jamie." I muttered annoyed. "He had one simple order."

"He said you ordered him not to tell Oliver, he did just that- he listened to you and him at the same time."

"Smart." I said. "You better not tell Oliver about this!"

"And have my a** beaten by him, sure." He remarked sarcastically. "I should just hand my a** to him."

"And then I will beat your a** later." I joke."

"In both ways, it is going to get beaten, I might as well give it to Oliver."

I rolled my eyes, "first, let's figure out who it is. Oliver have too much in his plates with Megan's scandal." There was a pause and he did not say anything and suddenly said,

"I will call you back, later." Like something clicked his mind.

"You better not involve Oliver." I warned.

"No promises." He said to me.

"You better not!" He hanged up on me.

I continued with my work and I did not realize how tired I was, until I fell asleep and the next thing I was up to was in Oliver's bed. He was taking a shower because I could head the sound of the shower and I sat up to look at my phone and saw it was six in the evening.

The shower turned off and I assume, Oliver is done. I hope no one told him about anything from this afternoon.

My phone went off, it was Jason. "Good-luck!"

When I heard the door opening from the washroom, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, I am going to hit Jason when I see him again!

Oliver moved around the room and I heard him walked out of the room, or so I thought because I peeped up and I see him right beside me.

"Hi." I greeted him sheepishly.

"Hi." He said, his mood doesn't seem so bad, "how was your day, today?" He asked.

"Good." I said hiding the surprise and a little relieved at the same time.

"Why were you pretending to be asleep when I walked out?" He asked.

"I - I thought you were someone else."

His eyes darkened and his face turned icy. "No one can come inside this room and be this close to you." He promised. "I am working on keeping the house under watch, so no strangers should be entering this house even."

"I was just saying." I said. "How was work today?"

"I thought she was my friend, she is planning to get money from me as she lost many contracts after the news broke about us. It's not my fault, but I am suppose to compensate? Well,the legal representation believe that she is wasting her time and energy on trying something that she knows she will lose."

"Will you be okay?" I pulled him close to me and hugged him. His shirt smells of him and mint.

"You seem comfortable now, ain't you?" Oliver asked as he snuggled close to me.

"I'm comfortable." I agree.

He kissed my forehead and stood up, "I have to head out for a meeting with Jason. He said he needs to talk about something important."

I straightened up, "He said about what?"

"No, He is coming over. He said to leave you in the room."

I groaned and put my hand on my face, "That boy."

"What?" Oliver asked confused.

"Let me admit it to you before he comes." I said sitting up and looking him straight in the eyes. I know for sure, that he will be mad when he finds out from Jason and again, we will have a silent war between us.

I passed him my phone. He first looked surprised when I passed my phone to him and then he asked, "What is it about?"

"You will understand."

As he saw the unknown number text, his face turned cold and he whispered, "F*ck"

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and share with other readers. Next update is tomorrow ❤️