41 ❀ Little Miss sheltered

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

   "If you're coming with us, you need to hurry up!" Reid's booming voice fills the small house as he yells up at Stacey, fury coloring his words.

     We are planning on a meeting, a strategy meeting, and Stacey insists on being involved, just like the rest of us.

     But the thing is, she has been in the bathroom for over an hour getting ready.

     "I'll be down soon! Jeez, don't be an ass." She says dramatically, and I can't help but laugh. Reid shoots me a glare. I sit lazily on the couch with a smirk, draping myself across the cushions. I'm just admiring how adorable they were.

     Ezra plops down on the couch right next to me, a big bowl of cereal in his hands. It's Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I carefully take his spoon and dip it in, taking a big bite without permission.

     I casually drop the spoon and chew while Ezra smiles at me. Part of me thought he'd be pissed, but he isn't even bothered by me sharing his food. Damn him! That's a perfect quality.

     "Two days! It's been two days and I'm already about to pull my hair out." Reid rants while he makes his way back into the living room. Then he begins pacing the floorboards. Back and forth, back and forth.

     In the light, I notice the fresh mark peeking out from under his shirt, the scar clear on his neck. It isn't the first time we've seen it, like he'd said, it's been two days since they got here.

     The first morning after Stacey arrived, she strolled downstairs in a very revealing tank top to show off the pink mating mark on her skin. She looked for any opportunity to draw attention to it. She would touch it, fiddle with her short hair, even pull her shirt off of her shoulder at times just so everyone would see who she belonged to.

     I can't say I'm not jealous. I mean, they were mated the first night they knew each other. Stacey is nothing if not persistent.

     But I just can't imagine how different my life would have turned out if Ezra acted like Reid or Alpha Veiler that first day we met. Instead of ignoring me, instead of insisting it wouldn't work out, to just love me and take care of me.

     Protect me from my evil enemies.

     My pack, my Mom, Nathan Green, Alpha Green.

     It would've nice, but I wouldn't change it. If I did, I never would've become a rogue. Never would've come to see how strong I really am on my own.

     I can protect myself just fine, and now that I have that confidence, I won't let anyone walk all over me again.

     Having that weapon in my armory is enough to make me hold my head high without faking it.

     I look over to spot Ezra shaking his head with a goofy smile. He really is genuinely happy for Reid, and it's sweet.

     Stupid, stupid Ezra. Why does he have to be so sweet?