two

*This chapter has been edited and checked for mistakes*

Please vote and comment!!

Chapter Two.

I ran a comb through my thick, light brown hair, sighing as I did. Another day at school, another day of beatings and suffering. I wonder how they would feel if I ran away? They would probably celebrate, my wolf sneered. Would they even notice if I ran away, much less died?

Brushing my fingers over my necklace, I looked into the mirror, seeing my thin face, hollow cheeks and eyes staring right back at me. No wonder why they hate me so much, I thought to myself. Why would they care about the poor ugly servant girl that got their Beta and female Beta killed? I shook my head and quickly threw on my baggy hoodie, hoping to ward off my thought from going to dangerous places, though to no prevail.

A drawn out breath escaped my lips as I shuffled my way over to the metal doors. I opened the door slowly, knowing if I moved any faster I would be in greater pain then I am in now. Moving up the stairs at a snail's pace, the guard followed behind me, watching my every step. I don't really know why I call him a guard, he doesn't really guard me, and he's only here to make sure I make it upstairs to do the chores and school work. Sometimes, I'm too beat up to walk up the stairs and he has to carry me. Otherwise, he's with his family and friends, I suppose.

Reaching the door, I lowered my eyes and opened it, knowing that no one would want to see my face this early in the morning. I twiddled my fingers together.

"Hey, look everybody! The witch has finally made an appearance." Ryan one of the enforcers (Warrior/Fighter) said sarcastically. I stood there, taking their comments like they were nothing, "Bitch, look at me when I'm talking." He growled angrily, pushing me roughly.

"Calm down Ry, you don't want to make Leo any more pissed off then he is," warned Aaron, not even sparing me a glance, "He's already pissed off about not finding his mate."

I looked down feeling a little sorry for Leo. Us werewolves' have only one mate in our entire existence. Mates are like soul mates. They are your forever. You meet your mate on your 18th birthday, the exact date and time of your birth. Both the male and female smell an irresistible scent that leads them to their mate. Once they find each other, they are very protective of each other, the males more than the females, usually. The Alpha males, the leaders, and betas, second in command, were the most possessive and protective of them all. Having powerful wolves, they never rejected their mates. My parents were mates.

There are rare cases where the mates are not happy together, or one of them does not reciprocate each other's feelings and rejection is settled. In those cases, even if the humans reject each other, their wolves still have the mate bond. So, if the humans want to get back together, they still can. However, like I said, it rarely happens.

"Leo left early for school today, hoping that he'll find his mate at school," Axel said, joining the conversation.

Ryan sighed but nodded his head, "This isn't over," he said, following Aaron into the dining room.

Throwing my hair into a loose pony tail, I made my way silently to the kitchen, not wanting to awaken the wrath of the sleeping pack members. I got to work [once I entered the kitchen,] getting the pack's breakfast ready. After the bacon, eggs, waffle, toast, and cut up fruits were made, I set the platters down on the dining room.

I made 20 cups of coffee, setting them in the appropriate spots, seeing as each pack member had a designated spot at the table. Soon enough, the smell from the food brought people into the dining room. I sighed in relief as everyone began chatting happily, not noticing me.