Hostage

Once Lewis had pinned Lena to the ground he hit her in the head with the back of the gun and knocked her unconscious. 

When she woke up there had been a bomb strapped onto her chest. She looked around, disappointed that she was taken advantage that easily. She had started looking for something that could set her free.

The door opened and out came Lewis with a pack of ice back on his head.

"Lewis, Lewis. Your making a big mistake here. The second that I get out of this your ass is dead!" She scream while kicking her legs.

Lewis walked to a table and got a vest on which also had a bomb strapped to it. "That is if  you ever get out." He walked to the chair Lena sat on and untied her hands from the back. "See this button I have?" He held up the controller in his hands. "The second I press this button... boom."

"What did I do to you to deserve this?" She asked.

Lewis sighed as he gestured Lena to stand up, "You got in the way, Lena. Learn to stay away from situations that don't include you." Once again Lewis gestured to Lena to follow him and she did as she was told. 

~

"You need to follow me or else your gonna get shot. You hear me?" Lewis asked as he put a gas mask on.

Lena signaled to the mask, "Do I get one?" She asked.

"I asked... did you hear me!" Lewis yelled after setting the bombs next to the door.

"Jesus... yes," Lena said a bit shocked.

Lena watched Lewis as he was about to set the bombs off. He sat mumbling something, a poem almost, then he counted. Three, two, one. The bomb went off and you could hear screams from women.

Lewis stepped in and locked onto his target. Karen Paige. As much as Lena wanted to punch Lewis in the face she had to follow him like a lost puppy. 

Lewis walked over to Karen and aimed a gun at her. Just as he fired a bullet a man in a bulletproof vest jumped in front of Karen to save her life.

The man stood up and to Lena and Lewis, it was a very familiar face. Frank aimed his gun at Lewis but paused when Lewis held up the button to Lena's bomb.

"This button right here will set off the bomb that sits on her." He pointed to Lena then took Karen as a hostage. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a rectangular box. "This right here Frank is a dead man's switch. You know what that is right Frank?" 

Frank held his hands up in surrender. Karen stood looking at Frank helplessly while Lena looked at Frank with disappointment. She was disappointed that Frank would risk his life for another person. To Lena, this was a weakness.

"Let them go." Frank barked.

Lewis started walking backward towards the hall. "Your gonna let me leave or else these two die."

As Lewis backed into the hall Frank followed them until they got into the elevator. The second the doors closed Frank ran to the stairs to get to the floor they were going on.

Once the elevator doors opened Lewis led Karen and Lena to the kitchen, which was evacuated. He let go of the two women and sat on the floor with his head in his hands.

"Look, Lewis, you don't have to keep us here. You could let us go and everything-" Karen was cut off by Lena with a harsh shush.

Lewis stood up, "If I stop now then that would mean that I go to jail for the rest of my life. I never get to complete a mission, a soldier always  has to complete their mission." 

Just then Frank busted through the door, covered in blood as he walked with a limp. "I'm unarmed Wilson!" Frank shouted but Lewis still grabbed Lena's button and put his arm around Karen.

"Back off Frank!" Wilson said as he held up the dead man's switch. Lena was pushed to the ground but Lewis still had the button in his hand.

"Wilson. When I was with Curtis and you told me to pull the white wire, that was the right thing to do." Frank said as he limped to the other side of the room.

"White wire, a white wire," Lena mumbled. She looked down at the vest she had on and saw a white wire. She wrapped her slender fingers around the cord. She took a deep breath and pulled. She waited for a second for the bomb to go off, but nothing happened.

Lena looked up at Lewis wanting to tackle him to the ground and rip his eyes out. But then she remembered the dead man's switch. She sat there patiently until Karen pulled her cord and shot Lewis in the foot. 

Lena sprung up and pushed Lewis in the freezer. Frank came up behind her and watched Lewis as he started to cry.

The two watched as Lewis started to mumble the poem he was reciting earlier. "When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains." Lewis had plugged the white wire back into the switch. "And the women come out to cut up what remains, just roll to your rifle..." He started to breathe heavily as the poem was coming to an end. "...and blow out your brains... Like a soldier go, go, go like a soldier." Lewis took one last breath and let go of the switch.

The bomb went off sending Lena and Frank back.

After the bomb had settled Lena got up. She couldn't hear a thing but she could see some movement from Frank. She limped to him, for a piece of metal was stuck in her leg.

"Frank!" Lena scream. Even though she knew that she screamed all she could hear was a muffled voice. "Frank!" This time her voice was clearer and a slight ringing had replaced the muffled noises. "C' mon Frank." This time it was as clear as day and the world had returned to its normal speed.

She grabbed Franks' arms and tried to pull him but she was too weak. She kept trying to pull him and she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

She sat as more tears were coming. "Please, Frank. Please... I can't lose any more people." She said, almost in a whine.