Chapter 4: Don't Call me Princess

Mirai woke up in a room she had never seen before, with a skull splitting headache.

Out of habit she reached for her thigh but, unsurprisingly, her gun wasn't in her holster, in fact she didn't even have her holster on anymore.

In an instant of panic she looked down at herself to the comforting realisation that she still had her clothes on, or at least, most of them. She was still wearing her simple black dress, but her blazer was carefully laid out on a chair next to the bed she was in.

She had been in this kind of trouble before, so she knew she needed to figure a way out, fast. She looked out the window and considering she was on what appeared to be the third or fourth floor of this huge mansion, she had to give up on the idea of using it as an emergency exit...

Silently she started rummaging around the room, trying to find something that could be used as a weapon or a least as some kind of tool.

Unfortunately, she had to give Namjoon credit on this one, the room didn't contain anything she could use to make an escape.

Damned be that man's sexy brain...

Out of options, she had to settle for grabbing the small lamp on the bedside table. It didn't make her look very threatening, but it was heavy enough to do some damage.

She crept up to the door and, surprisingly enough, it was unlocked.

How cocky of Namjoon that he didn't even bother locking her in!

The instant she opened the door, a bell that was hanging on other sides of the doorknob chimed, followed by footsteps.

''Fuck my life...''

With the sneaky escape out of her reach, she had to revert to her last resort; the dirty shot.

She hid behind the angle of the door, lamp at the ready, her muscles tensed for the imminent blow she was saving for whomever's face would have the misfortune of walking through the door.

''Did you really think I was going to fall for that?'' Namjoon's voice said from the outside of the room.

Mirai stayed silent, he could still doubt himself and decide to walk in the room.

''The lamp is clearly missing from the nightstand.... You're planning on jumping me at the door with a lamp? Seriously, you couldn't figure out a better escape plan than that?'' the man sneered.

''Maybe if your friend hadn't drugged me my mental faculties would have been sharper when I woke up and I could have come up with a more elaborate break out...'' the girl spat sarcastically, well aware she fell for Namjoon's bait by answering his taunt.

The man laughed and she could hear him step closer.

She knew the lamp attack was pointless, but that didn't mean hitting him would be any less satisfying...

Instead of the triumphant blow Mirai had expected, Namjoon caught the lamp with a single hand while simultaneously grabbing the girl's shoulder to back her against the wall.

She tried to push him back, but Namjoon just proceeded to grab her wrists and pin them on either side of her head, as the lamp fell to the floor, breaking in half.

She struggled against his grip, but it was absolutely useless, she couldn't make his hold on her budge. She could feel the outline of his fingers digging in her skin.

Back in the day, she could hold her own against him... When did he become so strong?

As if he had read her mind, Namjoon leaned closer to her and the moment their eyes met, she froze in place. ''We're not children anymore...'' he said in a honey tone as a chill ran up Mirai's back.

''That's for sure... The kid I knew would have never kidnapped a girl after she refused his marriage proposal...'' the girl spat angrily.

''This isn't really a kidnapping...'' he said, seemingly offended by her accusation.

''You drugged me and took me into your home against my will. What part of this ISN'T a kidnapping?'' Mirai replied in a matter of fact tone.

That made Namjoon laugh and that made Mirai even more pissed.

''You're here as a guest. There's a few things missing to make this a true kidnapping, mainly the chair, the chains and the basement... If you know what I mean...'' Namjoon said with a smirk, but his eyes full of threats.

''You'd never dare...''

''Try and hit me again if you're that eager to find out...'' the man said before letting go of Mirai's hands but still keeping her against the wall with his body. She suddenly realized how tall he was, towering above her and making her feel tiny, although she was on the taller side herself.

But his height wasn't the only thing that had changed about him.

If the Namjoon she had known had grown into a mafia boss, he could very well hold to his threats and, from experience, Mirai knew the whole chair, chains and basement gig wasn't her cup of tea...

She would have to restrain herself from beating the crap out of Namjoon... for now...

''Fine, let's see how well you can deal with my men without me holding their leashes, while you keep me here as a ''guest'' the girl warned.

''I think I can deal with a handful of thugs, princess...

''I am no princess and they are no thugs; they are yakuza men.'' she corrected.

''You talk highly of them. Do know that my offer still stands, if you want to spare their lives...'' Namjoon said in a tone full of suggestions.

''My offer stands too...''

''What offer?'' the man asked.

''Go kill yourself.''

Her words made him smirk and he licked his lips.

''My-my, princess, such cruel words shouldn't pass such pretty lips...''

The man's hand made its way to her neck and for a moment she thought he was about to choke her. Instead he pulled her towards him and kissed her.

For the first second she was too shocked to react, but as soon as her brain processed what was happening she reacted on instinct and bit down on the man's lipé

''If it's a fuck you're looking for, go throw some cash on a street corner!'' she yelled before trying to push the man away.

''I wouldn't need to... you should know that most women throw themselves at my feet nowadays...'' He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and smiled, a line of blood dripping from his lips.

That pervert, she had just bit him and he looked like he was enjoying himself!

''Whores falling for a powerful, rich man... It's never been seen before!'' Mirai said, rolling her eyes.

''Your Korean has improved a lot, but I'm mostly impressed by your fluent sarcasm....'' He joked.

''Turns out it's been my mother tongue all along...''

''I missed having that kind of banter with you.'' the man said with his eternal smirk still plastered on his face. ''But enough sweet talk, princess, I have some business to attend to right about now. For the time being, make yourself at home. We'll see each other at dinner.''

***

Author's note:

Namjoon and Mirai's reunion has been far from heartwarming to say the least! Spark are flying, but wether they're due to chemistry or hatred is still debatable...

What do you think is going to happen now that Namjoon is holding Mirai captive (yes, Namjoon, even without the chains, the chair and the basement, this is still considered a kidnapping)? Can she turn this situation to her advantage?

Stay tuned for the next chapter where we dwelved into character's past again, in quest to see where it all went wrong...

Thank you soooooo soooooo much for reading and be sur to have a great day!