Ch. 37

Y/n's POV:

I called my mom after shopping with Ariana the other day to let her in on the plan. I swear if my ear could leave my body, then it would have when she screamed in the phone. She's super excited to meet Ariana, and not just because she's my girlfriend. Apparently she's secretly been a fan of her music for years now. So, when I told her my idea, she kind of went a little crazy.

Today is Christmas Eve and we're flying to California and meeting my mother at the airport. As of right now, I'm waiting for Ariana outside of her apartment in my car. I've been waiting for over 15 minutes now and I'm starting to get anxious. To be honest, we're both quite nervous and I don't really know who is more than the other. I've never brought one of my partners to meet my family before and Ariana isn't just any partner, she's fucking Ariana Grande!!

Suddenly, the back door to my car opens startling me out of my thoughts. I look behind me and see Ariana throwing her suitcase in the back, then walking around to the passenger side.

"Morning baby" She says getting into the car and pecking my lips.

"Morning, how're you feeling?"

She shrugs. "I won't lie, I'm nervous beyond belief, but I'm also really excited to meet your family."

"Same, well about the nervous part. Anyway, we should get going, our flight is suppose to be in just about an hour. Are you sure you have everything you'll need?"

"Yeah I made sure to triple check my suitcase." She tells me.

"Perfect then let's go"

-On The Plane-

Ariana's POV:

Y/n's been asleep now for the past hour and I've been to nervous to do anything but play on my phone. This is also my first Christmas that I won't be celebrating with my family. It's weird, but I know I will have a good time as long as I'm with Y/n. She helped me out so much with picking out gifts for her family. I got her mother a few cooking/kitchen things and her brother a $150 gaming card. When I asked her about what to get her father, she told me not to worry about him. She didn't say anything else, and I got a feeling that it's a touchy subject for her, so I just let it be.

I look over at Y/n who's peacefully sleeping in her seat. She's so adorable when she sleeps, It makes me fall for her even more. I hope she likes her gift. I wanted to do something creative and meaningful, so I bought a bunch of stuff to make a mini photo book. I filled it with pictures of us and times that I really enjoyed with her. It's not what I originally wanted to do, but I remembered last minute that she said no buying expensive jewelry, clothing, and whatnot. I'm actually happier with what I ended up doing for her, it may not have been expensive or fancy, but it came from my heart. Plus, it's something she can add more too as we do more together.

-California-

The flight felt shorter than normal, because before I knew it, we were already touching down and looking for Y/n's mom. I don't really know what to expect from her family, other than her mom being a big fan and supporting us, and her brother loving video games. I just hope that I don't make either of them feel uncomfortable with me around. Y/n told me how they have spent the last 7 to 8 Christmas's alone without other family, so this will be the first time it has been different in many years.

"How're you feeling now? Still just as nervous?" Y/n asks, taking ahold of my right hand and kissing the back of my knuckles.

"Yes, and even more actually if that's even possible"

She leans in and we share a short yet passionate kiss. I feel my nerves settle a little at her touch and I was going to kiss her again, when I hear a women yell Y/n's name.

"Hey mom" Y/n says.

I instantly feel myself blush. My first impression to her mother was almost me shoving my tongue down her daughters throat.

"Hi honey! And oh my god!! Hello Ariana!! My darling may I please hug you?!" Y/n's mom asks.

I'm taken back by her friendliness but I accept her request and hug her.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Y/L/N"

"Oh please, call me Kelly! I'm so happy you'll be joining us for Christmas." She tells me.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I don't mind where I spend the holiday, as long as Y/n is with me."

I see Y/n blush at my words and I take her hand in mine and give her a small comforting squeeze.

"You're honestly too cute! Ariana, I do want you to know that you will be treated just like family, no special treatment."

"I would want nothing more." I tell her.

"Good, now we should hurry, I don't want to leave Sam alone for too long. Plus, he's dying to meet you as well."

"Okay mom, just will you calm down please." Y/n says.

"Yeah yeah, now come on you two."

We follow her out of the airport, making sure to avoid any paparazzi, and to the car and start our drive to the house.

To Be Continued...