【六十五】 protective ‣ pt. 1

after seeing no sign of her history notes in her backpack, yingyue let out a sigh and turned to chenle who sat beside her at the lunch table

"i have to go back to my locker to get my notes," she told him while zipping her bag close. "i'll be right back and then i'll help you study."

chenle shook his head. "i can go with jisung to get them!"

"no, it's okay. i'll go—"

"jisung-ah, get your butt up and let's go get noona's notes," the younger cut her off, already standing up.

yingyue let out a soft laugh and took out a pen from the side pocket of her bag. she grabbed chenle's forearm and wrote her locker number along with the combination code.

"it should be right in the front," she said and let go.

"got it! we'll be right back~!"

jisung and chenle hurried out of the cafeteria while yingyue was left with renjun and jeno. they headed to the seniors' locker section and searched down the hall for yingyue's.

jisung nodded his head to the one beside him. "found it."

chenle followed the maknae's gaze and stepped closer. he lifted his hand to the lock and read the numbers on his skin quite loudly.

"hyung, can't you read in your mind? you're being too loud," jisung said, leaning against the wall.

with an eye roll, chenle finished turning the dial and successfully got the locker to open. he pulled the door open and a note suddenly fell out. it feathered on a route to the ground, but before it landed, jisung was quick to grasp it.

chenle shuffled closer to get a better look and asked, "what's that?"

"i don't know," jisung shrugged. "but it says it's to noona."

he flipped the mustard yellow card stock open and chenle started to read until jisung shut him up.

"you're really about to be a loudmouth again?"