052 | KAGEYAMA TOBIO

REQUEST :Set in the 40's, where Reader and Kageyama are forced to partdue to a marriage

REQUEST :
Set in the 40's, where Reader and Kageyama are forced to part
due to a marriage.

requested by: @hwallites

inspired by the song 'it's been a long, long time'
by harry james and kitty kalen

one shot is titled the last dance.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Am I late?" You rushed, sitting down on the booth across Tobio who flashed you a lazy grin.

"Nah," he waved off, staring at your flushed figure due to running. "I already got us food. Your favorite."

You beamed at him, noticing the way his eyes look at you intensely. "You're a life saver!"

He crossed his arms, making the leather of his jacket tense at how his muscles rippled. "You just got off from work?"

You nodded, eyes now looking upward. "I took Leslie's shift 'cause she had to take care of her kid."

Tobio shook his head. "You're just too kind sometimes doll. You need 'ta be selfish sometimes y'know?" He set a gaze at you disapprovingly.

You giggled. "Oh hush Tobio. I know you've been dying to hear stories about Morgan."

Soon the food arrived and your conversation was about Leslie's one year old kid, Morgan. Tobio always had a soft spot for children, and for Morgan ever since he held the little girl in his arms. It was adorable and endearing on how Tobio's eyes sparkled, and how happy he sounded when he laughed when you told him that Morgan had made kissy lips to you one day.

When the both of you finished up eating, you decided to walk at the park. He held his hand in yours and upon touching his, you giggled at how cold his hands were. He pouted at you. You swung your hands back and forth, watching children run across the park, old couples sitting down on the bench, and dogs being walked around by their owners.

"Doll, I've got something 'ta tell you." He fumbled with his leather jacket and bit on the inside of his cheek.

You frowned at his weird behavior. "Why? What's wrong?" You guided him to sit down on one of the benches.

"I got in the army," you froze. Tobio continued, "I'm being deployed tomorrow."

"Where?" You muttered, squeezing Tobio's hand.