World War III - V (Final)

Continue from World War III - IV

---

Lily smiled as she watched Harriet on TV. She sat down on the sofa in her living room beside Rose.

"Harriet Jones." Jackie scoffed, making her way into the room sitting down on a chair. "Who does she think she is? Look at her, taking all the credit. Should be the two of you on there. My daughters saved the world!"

"The Doctor had a part in it too, Mum." Lily said with a soft giggle.

"Alright then, him to." Jackie sighed. "You three should be given knighthoods."

"That's not that way he does things. You should know that." Lily shook her head. "No fuss. He just moves on. He's not that bad if you gave him a chance."

"He's good in a crisis, I'll give him that." Jackie admitted.

Rose gasped at her statement. "Oh, now the world has changed. You're saying nice things about him."

Jackie rolled her eyes. "Well, I reckon I've got no choice. There's no getting rid of him since your sisters infatuated."

"I'm not infatuated." Lily blushed and sunk into the couch.

"Oh come on. You're practically in love with him." Rose nudge her side.

"Am not!" Lily lied through the skin of her teeth. "After what happened with Jack I'm not interested in guys right now."

"What does he eat?" Jackie asked Lily.

"Normal human food." She shrugged. "Why?"

"I was going to do shepherds pie." Jackie smiled at her. "All of us. A proper sit down, 'cos I'm ready to listen. I wanna learn about you two and him and that life you lead. And don't you dare say you have no feelings for him. I've seen the way he looks at you."

Lily's breath caught in her throat. She didn't want to tell her how she really feels about him just yet so she decided to change the subject. "He'll have shepherd pie. You're going to cook for him?"

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"He's finally met his match." Rose laughed. Lily joined in and soon so did Jackie.

-

Lily stood in the doorway of the kitchen as Rose helped Jackie start dinner. Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket. She took it out, saw it was the TARDIS calling and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Right." The Doctor told her, going straight to business. "I'll be a couple of hours, then we can go."

"You've got a phone?" She had to ask.

"You think I can travel through space and time and I haven't got a phone? Like I said, couple of hours. I've just got to send out this dispersal." There was a beep from the other line. "There you go. That's cancelling out the Slitheen's advert in case any bargain hunters turn up."

"My mum's cooking." Lily offered.

"Good. Put her on a slow heat and let her simmer."