0.

12 Jan 201602:34

12 Jan 2016
02:34

---

chronicles of a golden boy ;

Dear no one,

I'm going to tell you my story.

A story of a boy who's had to fight hard to find love and self-acceptance in a minuscule town -- and frankly still is. I'm going to tell you the story of how one boy has given me all that and more without really knowing it. Of how we are oil and water at best, but somehow - somehow - find a way to mix.

We are cliché and peculiar and kind and angsty and so alike yet so different.

And in trying to work through the mess that is life, we have discovered ourselves - but on different planes at different times. Maybe that's where the problems, the insecurities arise.

I don't know why I'm doing this - to figure things out maybe? - but I'm alone in my room at 2am and I need to tell someone, and I can't tell them, because they wouldn't understand.

They're tainted by our history, bias to the happily ever after that suits them best.

So I'm telling you, hoping maybe in the mess that is our lives, you find something true.

For the sake of no one outing this, because God knows this small town has a knack for it, I've changed the names of everyone involved. I am golden boy; he is starry eyes.

And this-- well, this is our story.

- golden boy