[48] - Warship Island Arc ~ 1

🏴️️Ch.48: Prelude to the Grand Line! Meeting the Mysterious Girl, Apis!🏴️️

Two days have passed since we've left Loguetown behind and it's been nothing by calm waters and clear skies.

The Guild is actually fitting in quite nicely. Luffy and Usopp practically begged for Hanabi and Astro to show off some of their magic. And they happily oblige, performing so of their simpler spells that their most certain of which will not blow the Going Merry to smithereens. Like they told me, they're still learning control.

As of now, the crew is taking advantage of the peacefulness before reaching the Grand Line entrance.

Luffy's sitting at his usual spot on the sheep figurehead of the Going Merry, Zoro is napping like almost always, Usopp is up in the crow's nest keeping a lookout for anything of important or interest, Nami leans against the bow bulwark, looking over the map, Hanabi, Astro and their animal partners are playing with the Pack, Ghin is running through some Arnis warm-ups I've been teaching him to better his tonfa-style fighting.

And me? I haul myself out of the ocean shaking off the excess water before throwing on a cute cover-up and make my way to my lounge chair to record my new findings in another one of my marine life research journals from the dive I just went on since early this morning.

I've also been stitching some more sketch and design books

"Nami. . .!" I hear my captain whine. "Shouldn't we reach the Grand Line soon?"

The navigator responds with a deadpan expression. "What do ya think? We just left Loguetown two days ago. It'll take some time before we get there. Just be patient."

A wide grin spreads across Luffy's face. "'Kay!" The raven-haired young man can't contain his snickers.

Sanji lets out a peaceful sigh as he looks toward the sky. "Feel that sunshine. With weather like this it almost seems that storm was just a bad dream."

Meanwhile, up in the crow's nest with Usopp, the curly-haired sniper spots something with his spyglass.

A flock of seagulls swarm around something floating on the ocean's surface a good distance away from the Going Merry.