[51] - Warship Island Arc ~ 4

🏴️️Ch.51: The Hidden, Solitary Island! A Sacred Haven to the Gems!🏴️️

It had just been mere hours since our escape from Warship Island. And since that time, I've relinquished my 'Siren' form and took on my more human appearance, but I haven't been able to stave off gazing at the magnificent creature napping on his cart as he's being towed by the Going Merry.

🌠He certainly is incredible isn't he?🌠 Astro floats up from behind to eye the Millennial Dragon being pulled at the ship's stern and guarded by a circling Calder.

I nod in agreement, watching Luffy, Hana and Ahio perched on Grandpa Ryu's cart to keep him company. "That and more."

🎇Hey, look! He's waking up.🎇 Hanabi chimes in, taking note of the dragon's eyes fluttering open to reveal the warm, but hazy, amber golden eyes.

Grandpa Ryu's gazes is solely focused on the school of flying fish leaping from the ocean before diving back in.

🎇Do you think Grandpa Ryu misses flying?🎇 Hanabi notes the dragon's look of longing in his large eyes.

"He very well could be." I respond, not taking my sight off him. But my suspicions beat my will to continue gazing at the magnificent beast before me to gaze at the open water the Going Merry continues to leave behind. I've yet to see a single Marine ship following us. Sure, their main flagship was severely damaged, but I don't see any other reason not to send the rest of the fleet after us. I'm starting to think that they have reason to let us get away. Most likely in the hope of us leading them to Lost Island.

But I shake those thoughts away. 'We'll burn that bridge when we cross it. Perhaps literally.' I internally smirk. Right now, our main focus is on getting Grandpa Ryu home.

Unbeknownst to me, while my gaze was no longer on the dragon, the dragon's gaze was most certainly on me. Or more specifically, the gleaming mineral hanging from around my neck.

"No wonder it's called 'Lost Island'." The Guild members and I shift our attention to the crew's navigator as she speaks up from looking at a map of the surrounding area.

"It's not on any of the charts. Its description doesn't even match any of the island in the waters around Warship Island."

"Hey! Grandpa Ryu!" Usopp suddenly yells to the dragon. "Which way should we go?! Where's Lost Island!?"

The dragon doesn't budge, not even taking his gaze away from the "winged" fish that continue to leap from the waters around him.

Luffy being Luffy, choses to be a bit more direct. "Direct" being putting his face in Grandpa Ryu's line of sight to gaze into his eyes to try and see if he can get some answers. The straw hat wearing teen and the colossal dragon stare into each other's eyes for a short moment. "Hey . . ."

But Grandpa Ryu turns his head away, before shutting his eyes and going right back to sleep.

"I think he went to sleep again." Luffy calls up to the crew.

The crew frowns dejectedly, as their only source of locating Lost Island is an inhabitant of said island who can't even give so much as a clue.

"Sorry for the wait, everybody!"

At the sound of the crew's youngest passenger, all eyes turn to see Apis coming out from the galley, carrying a large cooking pot with mittened hands. "I hope you're all hungry!"

The crew, both human and animal, begin to sweat nervously at what concoction lies in the pot she holds.

"Oh, no. Don't tell me she cooked again." Zoro grumbles lowly.