[56] - Reverse Mountain Arc ~ 1

🏴️️Ch.56: Grand Line's First Obstacle! Laboon the Whale!🏴️️

A/N: Images in collages do not belong to me. All rights go to their rightful artists. I just put them together to make picturing the story easier for you all.

 I just put them together to make picturing the story easier for you all

The Going Merry continues being guided downwards by the canal. On the way down, we find ourselves back within the thick cloud cover surrounding the mountainous continent. But this does nothing to deter the crew's excitement.

Luffy chuckles giddily as he clings to the Merry's figurehead.

Sanji balances precariously, clutching to the ratlines. "Whoa! This is great!"

Usopp laughs along, clinging to the mast. His nose being bent upwards against the strong winds.

Nami, Zoro, and Ghin stand at the galley deck enjoying the ride down. The redhead whooping and smiling brightly.

Astro and Hanabi clutching to my shoulders, while the Gems look after the Pack. I simply relish the feeling of the wind in my face and tousling through my hair.

But as we continue to plummet safely, an odd noise—something akin to a bellow of a fog horn, but somehow sounding less man-made—echoes off the rocky walls of the mountain, causing my eyes to shoot open.

💥(First Name), you hear that?💥 Trigger asks, having left the Pack and clings to my leg to steady himself. I nod in response. And the gun-happy otter isn't the only one who's heard the animalistic bellow.

"Did you guys just hear something?" The crew's swordsman shouts over the roaring winds.

"What?! What's that!?" Nami shouts questioningly.

"That groaning sound! Didn't you hear it?"

"It was probably just the wind!" The navigator reasons, turning to face Zoro for just a moment before returning her attention to back up ahead. "At this speed everything sounds distorted!"

The loud, low, rumbling moan echoes even louder this time, making itself known to everyone.

My heart clenches at how sad and lonely the call is, making my knees almost buckle.

Up ahead, towards the base of the mountain, a large black shape appears against the white of the thick clouds.

"(First Name)-koi! Nami! I see a mountain up ahead!" Sanji calls out.

"What?! That's impossible!" Nami cries, disbelievingly, turning up to stare at the chef in the ratlines.

"But it's right there! I can see it!" The cook argues.

"Who cares!?" Luffy laughs loudly. "GOOOO!"

🌺🌀We care, you dolt!🌀🌺 The macaw siblings berate the rubber captain for his laid back attitude in the face of possible danger.