[60] - Whiskey Peak Arc ~ 3

🏴️️Ch. 60: All Out Battle Over a Misunderstanding! Luffy vs. Zoro!🏴️️

Despite being right within range of the gunfire, miraculously, our idiot, balloon of a captain is still snoring away probably the largest meal he's ever had in his life.

"Aw, damn it." Zoro grumbles, looking down from our rooftop adobe. A near front-row seat of all the carnage and drama.

"Looks like our captain seems to be trapped." Ghin remarks, smirking. "We'd better go save him, shouldn't we?"

"We should, even though it would teach him a lesson about falling asleep during a hostage situation, especially when he's the one being held hostage." I add.

The three of us climb off our rooftop before taking refuge behind the building, awaiting an opportunity for either of us to regain our captain from the startling situation.

"GO ON, PRINCESS VIVI!" Mr. 8, or now rather Igaram, urges the sky blue-haired Alabastian princess. "YOU HAVE TO ESCAPE!!"

"Igaram!" The female royal exclaims with great worry for her bodyguard.

From within the smoke and gunfire, Mr. 5 stands unaffected and cuts to the chase, firing some kind of projectile at the Alabastian Captain of the Guard with a flick of his fingers. The projectile explodes on contact with the curly-haired man's body.

Princess Vivi and Mr. 9 can only watch on in frozen terror as the smoke from the powerful explosion begins to clear and the Alabastian soldier crumbles to the ground unconscious.

"Igaram!"

"Don't bother." The screechy, obnoxious voice of Mr. 5's partner Ms. Valentine calls out from above. The pale blonde hovers in the air, weightlessly, with her lemon-themed parasol.

Drifting in lower, the blonde Baroque Works agent aims her leg to strike the princess' head, but the latter has just enough time to dodge. The attack only taking out the girl's hair accessory that's been keeping her hair held back in a ponytail. With her now flowing blue hair down around her face, it leaves her looking much younger.

Vivi retaliates with pulling out one of her Peacock Slashers. However, the screechy blonde proves to be resilient and dodges easily, floating away from the angered princess.

Ms. Valentine floats back to beside her partner, just beyond the singed form of Igaram.

"Dirty monsters..." The princess spits, glaring hatefully at the two higher-up Baroque Works agents.

"You mean you're really a princess, Ms. Wednesday? Oh, wow!" Mr. 9 coos, bowing on his hands and knees before his now to be ex-partner.

"A very busy Princess right now, Mr. 9!" Vivi snaps.

"Zoro, now!" I whisper-yell.

"Well I've had enough fun for one night. See ya." The swordman not so subtly runs between the fight, dragging the still sleeping Luffy behind him. But apparently, the Baroque Works agents could care less about us, as they seem to have a more pressing mission currently.

I stay behind, hidden away, watching the scene unfold, unclear on how to feel about the present situation.

"Princess V-Vivi..." Igaram's voice cracks against the brief silence in the fight.

"Oh, Igaram, you're hurt."

"Vivi, please...forget about me. You must get away from here! For our homeland."

The princess' eyes widen in horror.

"If you are to be harmed, Alabasta Kingdom would suffer...Please, Princess, you must hurry!