◇9◇

(Here's the bonus update since we're literally SO CLOSE to 1K reads AHJHDJJE I'M HYPERVENTILATING 995 FIEJBDH)

Chapter 9

"Remi?" She asked in surprise.

The said girl turned to face Y/N, but what the H/C female saw made hee heart break. Remi had fresh, glistening tears cascading down her slightly red cheeks as she attempted poorly to hold them in. In her hand was the same paper she and John had seen on the bulletin board minutes earlier. Why is she..? Y/N sucked in a large amount of air. Oh...her brother must've been...oh...

"Y-Y/N? Ah, s-sorry. You caught me at a b-bad time," She sniffed while wiping her eyes with her sleeves. Using her ability, she burned the paper to a crisp until there was nothing but ashes.

"I'm glad you remember. We bumped into each other earlier, right?"

"Y-yep," Her eyes were starting to become puffy. "It's hard to forget someone with two different color eyes." She tried to laugh, but it ended out coming out a bit choked.

"Are you okay?" Y/N stared in concern.

"M-mhm," She hiccuped.

S-someone protecc this precious bean. Y/N thought in her head. An idea hit Y/N, but her mind trailed back to John. He looked pretty worked up back there...I should leave him alone for a bit so he can cool down. Placing a reassuring hand on Remi's shoulder, she offered softly, "There's this great boba place nearby if you want to hang out after school. Wanna hang out and chat?"

The lightning - ability user stayed paused, contemplating. Eventually she gave a small smile, wiping away the last of her tears bravely, "That sounds nice.."

There was thankfully only one period of the school day left, so it wouldn't be long until Y/N could meet up with Remi. Her heterochromatic eyes took note of the empty seats in the classroom, making the assumption that John was most likely skipping class with Seraphina on the rooftop again. For a second she wondered if she should join them, but realized there was only one period left and there was no point.

After School•

"Hm," Remi hummed, looking over the menu. "What do you recommended Y/N?"

The two were currently at a local boba tea shop that was quite popular around this area. They sat in an isolated booth while the waitress waited patiently with her notepad in hand. Y/N had already placed her order, a mango milk tea with popping boba. Of course normal boba is the fucking shit, but she didn't feel like biting into the chewy tapioca balls, so she decided on the bursting ones instead.