Update/Help

I thought I would hop on here really quick to update you all a little bit on Verdant Prince. (If you don't want to read, you don't have to! This is mainly for me/others about the publishing part of this story!)

I have had a pretty crazy 2018 and 2019 so far. I haven't been able to really get moving on my story very much between getting caught up with school, home, and lack of motivation, it's safe to say this is going to be a slow process. However, now that I have begun gaining interest in writing the story again, I need some help. I don't normally ask for a lot of help but I really am so indecisive and I also want to hear your thoughts and ideas; after all, it's for you to read in the long run.

I have been thinking very long and very hard about the story, the characters, etc. to make sure that I can claim this as MY story and have it published. A lot of what I wrote was based off Marvel's Thor movies and such (Fanfiction) and now that I am really wanting to publish this book, I have to rip out lots of the story and add my own twists to make sure it's my own. It's a lot to do but I know I can do it. 

I have a potential proofreader for chapters, she had really helped me edit my story when it was first being released, however, I need a professional editor. I will have to pay this person (and gladly will) but I just have to get my hands on someone first. I am reworking one chapter at a time. So, some things I am looking for help is some of the following:

NAMES 

(Mostly our main character... I can't just call her Y/N)

-I have such a hard time picking out names, especially for the main character. (SPOILERS---->) In the end, she won't have her first given name, but it's still very important. Here are some names I am considering, I would really appreciate any feedback! If you have more names, drop them, I would love to hear it! I have also replaced Uthgard's name as it is too close to Utgard (Jotunheim's capital.) But I can't tell you what it is... because... you know.... spoilers. 

- Vanja

-Aros

-Solveig

-Eydis

-Jorunn

I began with Vanja and was writing it before The Umbrella Academy came out. Now, Vanja is well known and I don't quite know if Vanja fits anymore. I like Aros, however, it is a masculine name (it's never really stopped me before...) I also am slightly leaning towards Jorunn. Anyway, if possible, throw some suggestions down, which ones you like, don't like, etc. I would love to hear it!

Title

I have also been thinking a lot about the title The Verdant Prince. I am unsure as to whether or not I should keep the title mostly because, in Norse Mythology, Loki is really not a prince at all. He isn't even really TRUE royalty. The title was mostly because of Marvel's depiction of him being a prince, so I don't know if it's fitting anymore. I am also pretty afraid that if release the titles I am thinking about that it will be stolen and I no longer can use it...

So please, if you are an asshole and steal my title idea.... just... please don't. It's really important to me and it's simply respectful not to. I can also prove that the title ideas were mine originally by showing when this chapter was published vs when you/someone else used the title. Just don't be an asshole. 

Here are some (maybe odd) title ideas:

-The Queen Truth

-A Touch of Lies

-Coldfire

-Abyss Rising

-Asgard Falling

Same rules apply, let me know if any of them call out to you or really sound stupid (trust me, it helps.) Or if you have any suggestions of your own. If/Once I get it published if I happen to use a title that was suggested to me, you will be credited! 

PS: I may or may not be twiddling around and 'accidentally' typing up a sequel while I edit because sometimes I get bored and simply have to jump to something else.... but you know... maybe. 

PPS: Once I get farther into the editing of the first book I MIGHT drop a sneak peek to a sequel... but who knows. 

Anyhoo, if you have any comments, suggestions, or whatever please, please comment or let me know because I really appreciate it. Any tips you have about writing, any scenes you wish you had/didn't add. It really helps me know what all of you want. (Although it doesn't necessarily mean I am 100% going to change for you.) Thank you all once again for your continued love and support, you all keep me striving for more. I love you all.

Author, Out

-Kerrigan T.