16~ Linkin Park V. TWICE

"Here," Namjoon handed Jungkook and I a pair of small, black devices each. "These are Micro-Communication earpieces. The Micro-Comm fits in your ears and has Bluetooth signal with long-distance. We'll be able to stay in touch throughout your entire trip."

"Cool!" I beamed, immediately fitting the earpiece.

Jungkook wrinkled his nose a little. "Why does she need a Micro-Comm though?" he whined.

"In case you get kidnapped Jungkook and she has to contact us to help bale you out," Taehyung smirked.

"Your undying faith in me just died," Jungkook remarked drily to the rectangular-grinning man.

It was just beginning to grow light in the East. The sky directly above us and to the West were still dark and cluttered with millions of little stars sparkling. A chilly evening breeze rustled everyone's clothes and hair.

I shivered slightly and grabbed at the magic in me to create a warmer coat around my already-three-layers-of-jackets.

"Stay safe Jungkook," Jin stepped forward and clapped a hand over Jungkook's shoulder. "Remember, there and back again. Report to us the moment you observe Dexter and then come straight back."

"Yes, I got it hyung," Jungkook smiled a little at the fuss.

"Good luck to you too, Love Genie," Jimin winked at me shamelessly. "I know Jungkook can be quite the handful."

"Me?" Jungkook cried, indignant. "I'm not the one who locks people in bathrooms and pulls their legs out from under them."

"Oh so it was the Love Genie all along who got you stuck in the bathroom?" Mirth danced in Yoongi's eyes and for the first a cute gummy smile spread across his mouth. "I thought you said you just jammed the lock."

"Better get going," Hoseok chuckled, nudging both a protesting-Jungkook, and I to a parked car.

A sleek, jet-black sports car. Low to the ground, perfect to camouflage at night if needed, and could reach close to 250 miles per hour at highest speed.

If Jungkook needed to go even close to that speed... well, goodbye guts.

"Have a safe trip," Namjoon called as Jungkook slipped into the driver's seat and I hopped into passenger's.

Jungkook brought the car engine roaring to life and I jumped a little at the loud sound.

"Please don't tell me you're scared of cars too," Jungkook grumbled. "Do I need to hold your hand for this too?"

"If I'm scared it's because I feel like you're going to drive us straight into a telephone pole at any moment," I buckled up, tugging at the seatbelt a couple times to ensure it was tight.

The six other young men, or should I say, former Red Agents, stood in front of the house, all watching our departure.

"I feel so popular," I beamed as some of them even lifted their hands to wave at us as we began to pull out of the driveway. "Six handsome guys waving farewell to me? Oh so sweet."

"Can you just suck your ego and yourself into the lamp for the rest of the trip?" Jungkook asked sourly, eyes darting between my face and rearview mirror. "If I need help I'll just wake you up."

"Are you kidding me? I spend more than half my life in that lamp," I snorted. "No way am I going to miss this road trip."

"Dammit Love Genie," Jungkook hissed under his breath as he turned the car.

At last minute, Jungkook finally raised his hand in response to the other members in farewell before speeding off away from the mansion.

Our journey was under way.