twenty six

•••

•••

Thanos nearly seemed to not even notice Thor before the space stone started to glow a blinding bright blue and he teleported away, leaving Stormbreaker behind on the Wakandan ground covered in his blood.

Steve stumbled into the clearing, holding his left side, "Where'd he go? Thor... where'd he go?" He panicked, glancing around anxiously.

Ellie watched in dismay as Wanda turned to ash in her arm, letting out a small cry.

"No!"

She turned around to see Wakandan soldiers disintegrate to ashes, much to M'Baku's horror.

"Ellie?" Bucky said, looking down at his arms that were beginning to turn to dust and disappear.

"No, No, it's okay, you're fine." She muttered wrapping her arms around him, mumbling to him. "I love you, it's okay."

"I love you." He told her as she disappeared completely.

Ellie looked down at her hands as her husbands ashes fell around her, she touched them gently as tears fell down her face. He was gone. Her husband was dead. Again. He'd broken his promise.

"Where's Bucky?" Steve asked shakily, although he already knew the answer he asked anyway, the look on Ellie's face said it all.

"He's gone." Ellie whispered as Natasha ran over to join them. "He-he just d-disappeared. He's gone." She repeated over and over again to herself.

"I'm so sorry." Natasha muttered as she took Ellie into her arms, who began to sob.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodes breathed out raggedly.

"Oh, God." Steve whispered as he sat down next to Ellie and Natasha placing a hand on Ellie's shoulder.

"Harry." Ellie said suddenly, sitting up. "I...I need to find Harry." She cried, turning in the direction of the lab.

- - -

Ellie walked into the lab, some of the team following quickly and quietly behind her. She looked frantically around the Lab for her son.

"I've got him." Thor called, picking up the small child who was crying, rocking him in his arms.

Ellie ran to where he was breathing a sigh of relief, taking her son into her arms and falling to the floor in relief.

"Mummy's here." She whispered, looking him up and down checking he was okay, she could barely breathe as she saw the small patch of blood on her sons arm, relaxing slightly as she realised it was her blood that has dripped from a wound on her forehead.

Natasha stood with Steve in a corner, watching Ellie as she sat on the floor holding onto her son for dear life as Thor sat next to her, talking quietly.

"What are you looking at?" Natasha asked Steve softly as he stared at something shiny on the floor, bending down to pick it up.

"Nat." Steve sighed, as he held up the object, a tear sliding down his face. Natasha looked at him sadly as he held in his hand the necklace that had Ellie and Bucky's wedding bands and Ellie's engagement ring looped onto it. He passed the necklace to Natasha who held it sadly, glancing over to her best friend.

"Shit." Steve cursed loudly as he flipped a table making Ellie and Natasha jump. He picked up test tubes throwing across the room, angry tears streaming down his face.

"Steve! Steve! Stop it!" Natasha exclaimed attempting to grab his arms. "Stop it." She whispered as he turned around to face her, Natasha whispering something to him that calmed him slightly.

"What do we do now?" Okoye asked as she looked around at the group of
broken avengers.

"We go back into the world, find whoever's left and we try and work out how to bring them all back." Rhodes explained with a small shrug.

"Tony. We need to find tony, and Fury." Ellie muttered. "We need to know if their still alive."

"Okoye, are you coming with us or are you going to stay here?" Steve asked the Wakandan warrior.

"I am going to stay here and gather what is left of my people." Okoye nodded, her eyes sad and empty. "I'll be in touch."

"Okay." Nat nodded, helping Ellie up off the floor, stroking her godsons cheek with her thumb.

"Can you get Harry's bag?" Ellie asked Natasha quietly as she cradled her son in her arms, Natasha nodded and picked it up off the ground, slinging it over her shoulder.

"El." Steve muttered, holding out his hand, the necklace laying in the palm of it. "I found it on the floor."

"Thank you." She muttered solemnly, as he placed the necklace around her neck so she wouldn't lose it.

"You ready to go?" Thor asked gruffly, most of the group nodding, others simply allowing the group to answer for them. Steve nodded before replying to the Norse God.

"We lost?" Ellie looked up at Steve, asking the question as if she hadn't been there for the last couple of hours.

"We lost."

- - -

END OF ACT TWO

- - -

Ellie Barnes will return in Act Three, Avengers: Endgame.

- - -

So lad's that's the end of part two, part three coming very soon along with some new books that I've been writing, so keep a look out for those, hope you've enjoyed part two. Thank you all for reading and commenting, love you all! Sorry I killed Bucky and sorry for what I'm about to do in Act three ;) xoxo

Kels💘💖💗💕💓

863 words x