Chapter 1 Serious talks & Sleepovers

Mari's P.O.V

I sighed as I looked outside. Taking in the scene of the rain calmly falling down from the sky, to when it hit the ground.

As I sat there, I remembered the fun times I had when I was younger. My friend Denise, who I call Toonz, was one of my best friends. And well, she still is. She was someone I can rely on with anything, and no matter what trouble I got myself into, she always got me out.

She helped me get my first job, helped me drive a car, and how to stand up for myself. As of right now, she's helping me get on my feet. And even then, she continues to teach me many other things that I now use within my life daily. For that, I'm forever grateful and in debt to her. I do try to do what I can to help her out with things, though a lot of the time it doesn't go according to plan.

The door belling ringing had brought me out of my thoughts. I stood up, getting myself off of my pastel pink loveseat and making my way over to the front door. I unlocked it, and slowly pull it open. There stood Toonz, in a purple bunny shirt and bottom, with a bag of snacks in her left hand, while her purse was resting within her right.

I opened the door more and greeted her with a warm smile and a big hug. It's been ages since I last seen her due to college, and this weekend was the only weekend we both had off. Due to that, we quickly made plans to hang out and have a sleepover.

Yes, we are both within our twenties, and no, we don't gossip about guys.

"Ready to hear about what Ohm did?" Toonz said, as she made her way into my living room. She had put down the bag, and her purse on my table that resided beside the loveseat. She then sat down, and looked over at me excitedly.

Well.. I lied. We talk about guys, but that's only sometimes! We aren't as bad as when we were teens.

"Ah, sure", I say back, closing my front door and making my way over to my couch. I sat down lazily and laid back, resting my head on my hands while I propped my feet up. Hearing about it being Ohm had me worried. And how she smiled about it raised my worry even more.

"Well, remember how I told you about that movie he asked me to see?"

"The one with the talking fish?" I asked, my face and voice showing my confusion.

"No silly, the movie he made" She replies back, laughing a bit as she went through her purse, to then pulling out her phone.

"He made a movie?"

"Yeah! Here, look" She handed me her phone with the video already playing. I was barely 2 seconds in and I could already tell where it was going.

I looked up at her, arching my eyebrow as she sat there smiling, looking back at me and her phone continuously.

"...Don't tell me you two ar-" She cut me off before I could finish.

"No! N-no! It's not that.. I mean.." Toonz avoided my eye contact and looked around the room. She brought her right hand up and began to scratch the back of her neck in a nervous manner, while she chuckled unsteadily.

"Toonz, you told me you were done with him. Why all of a sudden do you have a change of heart?"

She looked down, obviously upset with my question, as well as herself. I sighed, getting up and making my way over to her.