t h i r t y - f o u r

Three months later...

It's been a while now since they've been out of the house. You saw them a few times in the weeks following their move out, but as the days progressed, they came less and less, and eventually just stopped.

They managed to get away from the police, you saw them in the news frequently at the time, but then they started showing up on only one to two new channels which then gradually became none.

Jimin had come more often than the rest to help with the bullet wound which is now a lot better, a little healed even. You don't need to wear piles of gauze anymore, just a really protective bandage and you'll be fine.

But you hate that it became fine, because Jimin started to come fewer times.

He used to be at the house with you almost everyday of the week, now you haven't seen him in almost two months.

He asked you some time ago if you would be fine to take care of the wound by yourself, and like an idiot, you told him you could, not thinking your answer would prompt less visits.

Jungkook doesn't come to school anymore, which was a given, but his name always comes up among students who gossip non-stop.

"Can't believe we went to school with a gangster."

"Shame on the school for not being more protective."

"Our lives were literally in danger."

"I always knew Jungkook was a loser."

"Watch him end up in sewers."

Your graduation is only a few weeks away from now, and you don't even know if he'll be there anymore. He obviously won't, but you try to remain optimistic.

Your mother came home last month, and she's been too much on you.

 Of course, you're doing better than you were when they had first left, but you still wish you had more time to heal before she came bombarding on you with questions about them, as if you needed anymore reminders.

But you're still grateful she's here, you don't know how you could've dealt with no other presence in the house, she serves as a distraction.

The gun Jimin gave you has ended up under a pile of clothes in your dresser drawer, mostly to keep it out of your mothers sight, but also because you've realized you probably won't use it.

You had it on your hip at all times during the first few weeks the boys were gone, but it became a hassle, and with no sign of danger, you had it with you less and less, and now not at all.

You don't know what happened to the man who was chasing all of you, maybe the boys led him somewhere, or he went to work on something else.

You don't even know where your boys are.

Jimin was your only sign that they were still here, because of course they were all together, but none of the others kept in contact with you, and now Jimin hasn't either, so you really have no clue of where they are.

They're company, RedSea, or the building at least, had been taken down by government order. But they hadn't discovered any people, the place was abandoned, but they did discover an underground...what did they call it?....training center.