43

Lisa's POV

"What do you need? Spill, as I don't have all the time in the world," I hissed, my arms crossed as I stare at the girl before me.

We were standing on a secluded hallway inside the entertainment building. We can't possibly meet outside or people would see us. I don't want to be associated with someone like her. Not until I am sure she's acting normal.

She had a shoot and I had to go out my way and visit this place. I don't even know why I am doing this shit. I just don't want her to start acting up again so it's better to have everything settled now.

I heard her sigh, the proud look on her face never left. I guess she's still the same.

"I won't beat around the bush. Leave Jungkook. You're going to ruin his career," she stated and I raised an eyebrow.

That's it? That's the reason why she wanted to see me?

A long sigh escaped my lips. I can't believe I wasted my time on this.

"And you won't?" I asked. I just don't understand where she's coming from.

She wavered for a second and I can't think otherwise. She's not as brave as before.

"Do you know much antis your ship has? People will accept it better if it's me," she desperately answered and I smiled bitterly.

I'm not even sure if she's okay or not. I don't see the logic of whatever she is saying.

Of course, there's this small percentage that she has a point. Most people will say that the only reason me and Jungkook were in a relationship was for publicity. But whatever, we decide for ourselves. Not her or anyone else has a say about it.

"And who are you to decide on that? Besides, this is our relationship. It's not about who people will accept and won't. You can't decide for us," I tried explaining. My eyes softened. She looked tensed.

"Sejeong, what is wrong with you? Why do you keep doing this?" I asked. I am so curious as to what is wrong with her.

I've known her as someone sweet and adorable. She was full of talent and a lot of people loves her.

She bit her lower lip in response. Her eyes were avoiding my gaze.

Just what is wrong with her?

"Sejeong, if you need help, you can tell me..." I get so worried about her.  It feels like there was something behind her actions.

"Do you love him? Do you still love him?" I asked and she hesitated for a moment before answering.

"Of-of course. Why would I contact you for nothing?" she asked but I saw otherwise. I saw through her.

Our eyes met and I tried so hard to read her mind.

She looked uneasy.

"No, you don't," I told her. Her eyes widened and she looked so much in panic. Her movements were edgy and she looked liked she was scared.

"I do. You can't decide for me Lisa," she banter and I smiled sadly.

"You don't. Because if you do, you wouldn't do this," I told her. Her eyes widened as if realizing something. At that, I continued. I know I hit a nerve.

"If you still love him, you won't do anything that will break him. You will let him go and be happy, even if that means you're going to be alone. You will give him up just so he can have what will make him live. Because that's what love is. It's unconditional. It doesn't ask. You always think of their happiness because that means you value your worth too. You won't settle for something that will make you lose your own worth. That's love, Sejeong. Because that's what Jungkook did. He let you go before to make you happy, and realized his own worth," I told her.

I saw how her eyes moistened, her lips quivering too.

Why does she look so much in pain?

Without even thinking, I reached for her hand and started massaging them.

"Sejeong, you can always tell me. Jungkook and I will listen," I told her and she lifted her gaze, looking at me straight in the eyes.

Her eyes were clouded with so many emotions that I can't even decipher. She looked so lost.

"Lisa..." she whispered. She sounded like she was in pain.

"You wouldn't understand," she started. I looked at her so I can listen.  I want her to know that I am here, that her voice was being heard.

"Try me," I urge. I am no hero, nor an incredible person like some but I care for my fellow idol's mental health. The way I see it, Sejeong was suffering from something. Whether it was anxiety or not, All I know is that I need to listen. She needs someone who will listen to her.

"Lisa, I need Jungkook. I need him, please..." she started pleading and by this time, tears are now streaming down her cheeks. My heart softened at how desperate she sounded.

"Sejeong, Jungkook isn't mine," I explained to her. "He's not something I can easily give because you beg for him. He is someone dear to me. And I'm pretty Jungkook will hate both of us for that. I'm not telling this because I want him for himself. I'm telling you this because I love him and I care about you,"

She started bawling her eyes out and I started to panic. It wouldn't be long until someone sees us.

"Oh my God," I whispered and I was so frantic my phone almost slipped when I tried taking it out of my front pocket.

But before I can even call for help, I was startled when I saw Jungkook coming with one of Sejeong's members.

"Lisa..." he called. He looked stressed a d I bit my lower lip.

"Sej..." her member called her name and gently took her away from me.

Jungkook wrapped her hand around my waist as we bow to them. Before I knew it, the two were already gone from our sight.

He pulled me closer and I buried my face on his chest.

"Cupcake..." he whispered.

Jungkook knew I was meeting her. I confided him about it and two of us talked about everything. Unlike before, I decided that if I want this relationship not end, I will make sure to be open to him.

We both think that something is wrong with Sejeong right now and as a friend, he was also worried.

Initially, he doesn't want me to do this but I explained my end and he understood.

As much as I hate the girl for all that she did, part of me was scared for her wellbeing.

So, without Sejeong knowing, Jungkook was waiting from afar but I didn't know he has her girl group member with him.

I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"You did great cupcake," he whispered. He pulled away from me a little and cupped my cheeks. "And I heard everything that you said. I love you so much, Lisa..." he smiled before pulling me for a soft kiss.

"I love you too Jungkook... I love you too," I whispered and engulfed him in a tight hug.