Chapter 40 - So Down

Roseanne West

After eating real quick, we walked back towards the building. We walked inside and guest what? Bryan bumped into us at the front door.

"Hi, you must be Rosie's boyfriend." Bryan started the conversation.

"Yes, I am. You are?" Ares answered in a cold tone but still manage to be polite.

"I'm Bryan Rodes, the producer here and Rosie's uhmm we knew each other." Bryan said nervously.

"Everyone, let's continue!" Sarah called us in.

"I have to go.. you'll wait here right?" I asked Ares and he nodded.

"Okay.. go in there." Ares smiled to me and gave me a peck on my lips. I walked inside the auditioning room again and sat next beside John. Bryan walked in not long after me and he sat at the end of the table.

Darren Wild walked in and started auditioning. I kinda like his acting skills but something is missing though. I can't see Ryan in him. The next one is Richard Sed and I kinda like him too but still not right.

"Autumn North is next.. I love her." Sarah said and yes Autumn North entered. Oh boy, she's more beautiful in real life and just by standing there.. she's perfect playing Christie.

"Hello everyone, I'm Autumn North." She introduced herself and then she started the acting. Boy oh boy she's good. I turned to John and he gave me a nod already. Autumn kept showing us her skills in acting and she's hella good.. she has her mom's blood to begin with. When she left the room.. we all cheered right away. We found our Christie and I excused myself for a moment because I want to personally talk to her.

I walked out from the room and called Autumn. I asked her to come with me to another empty room.

"Is it okay if I call you Autumn?" I asked politely.

"Of course, is everything okay?" She asked and I smiled to her.

"Uhmm did you read the book?"

"Of course, I love Elena's book and even auditioning for the movie really means a lot to me." She said excitedly.

"Well.. I really love your acting and I think you're really suit to me Christie. I know we still need to talk about it as a team but still I admire your acting skill."

"Thankyou so much, Ms. West. I was ne-"

"Actually.. I'm Elena Parker." I announced it to her and her eyes widen. She covered her mouth with her hand completely shock and she's speechless now.

"I'm your biggest fan. When will you release your new book?" She asked right away and I chuckled.

"I always keep my identity a secret and I only reveal it to some people. I wanted you personally tell you that you did amazing and I want you to play Christie so bad.."

"Thankyou, Ms. Parker."

"Oh just call me Rosie, Elena Parker isn't my real name. I made that up." I smiled and she nodded.

"Thankyou, Rosie."

"Okay.. I just want to say that because you really impressed me. You can go now and after the main character is finalized.. we'll let you know." I said and she smiled. She put her hand in front of me and I shook it. We walked out from the room together and she bid her goodbyes.

I walked back into the casting room to continue all the casting process. They will continued the casting tomorrow and I won't be joining that because I have another important meeting. After 3 hours of hell, I walked out from the room and walked towards the waiting room. I saw Ares sleeping on the sofa and I can't help but smile.

I walked towards him slowly and kneeled down to be closer to him. I slowly caressed his cheek and he moved a little bit. I started to give him kisses on his cheek and he opened his eyes.

"Hey.. you're tired?" I asked and he nodded. He got up slowly and I put my hand in front of him.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked.

"Anything.." He said as looked around.

"Let's go, I'm finish. Do you bring your car here or?"

"Yeah.." He nodded and I pulled him to get up. We walked out from the building and before we can walk towards the parking lot. Bryan called me and he walked towards me. Ares' body tensed and I held his hand tightly.

"Rosie.. uhmm can we talk tomorrow?" He asked me.

"No."

"Please.. it's about the ca-"

"I have an important meeting tomorrow and I can't talk to you."

"It's about work." He said.

"I'll ask John later on." I cut him and Ares took a step forward.

"Stay away from my girlfriend." He hissed coldly and I pulled Ares away. We walked towards the his car and I took the car key from him.

"Hey!"

"I'm driving."

"I'll drive.. give me the ca-"

"Shut up!" I said and gestured him to get inside. I got into the driver seat and started the car.

"Okay.. I'm going to send my parents a long message first." He said and I smacked his arm laughing.

"I'm a good driver, you won't die!" I hissed and he laughed.

"Hey.. I miss your dogs."

"Nah.. I still need time to settle in beside they're happier in my parents house." He said and I turned to him disbelief. I connected my phone with his bluetooth speaker in the car. I turned my favorite song these days.

"This is my first time listening to Korean song."

"You'll love this song." I said.

"I like the beat." He said and I started to drive away.

"Where are you taking me?"

"A forest to kill you." I said in a serious tone.

"Yeah right.. your body size is just half of my size.. how can you carry me and kill me?"

"I have a super power." I said and he laughed.

"You're such a weirdo."

"Pizza?"

"So down for pizza." He said and I smiled.