― 12. the continental

AS JOHN pulls up to the Continental and gets out of the car, he stands still with a sinking feeling in his stomach

                         AS JOHN pulls up to the Continental and gets out of the car, he stands still with a sinking feeling in his stomach. He scans around him, as if it's going to be his last time looking at the outside where he made a new life. The mysterious building stood towering above him, the 'C' above its grand doors feeling as if it's staring into his soul. A place that holds many dark memories, many nights seeking sanctuary front a contract, and many brutal injuries being nursed. A hub for people of his world. A world where his name is a legend. John never expected he'd be back here; because, being back meant he is full force stepping back into his old life.

   From the trunk he grabs his suitcase and then hands off his keys to the valet. He doesn't hesitate as he descends up the stairs to the doors, and he doesn't hesitate to going in. With one push, he is back.

   Inside, The Continental has a different look to it which shouldn't have surprised him after all these years, but it did. It seems to take years for him to reach the front desk, his footsteps echo against the carpeted floor. He feels as if all eyes are on him, whispers surrounding him; like each person knows that he's John Wick. If word isn't already out about his rescue mission than it sure as hell is now.

   As he approaches the desk, a young woman with all black hair looks back at him with a smirk. She's able to hide her surprise quite well, especially since no one isn't expecting to see The John Wick walk into a Continental anytime soon. And it gives her a perfect opportunity.

   The woman turns around as she goes to leave and gives John a seductive look. "Nice seeing you again, John."

   "Perkins." John nods. She hasn't changed.

   Standing in the looming, elaborately decorated hall makes him irked. Maybe, someone else would feel embarrassment to be back; but with John it's different. There's a sense of confidence and pride because he's back (for now) and people know it.

   He's steps away from the desk, but it looks like miles. An unnerving feeling is settled in his stomach; he takes a deep breath,

   As he places his hands on the hotel desk, the Concierge, Charon, says, "I have you for two nights?"

   "Depending on business it may be more."

   "Okay." he writes something down.

   "So when did the old place get a face lift?" John asks curiously.

   "Around four years ago, she really hasn't changed much."

   "Same owner?" he has to make sure.

   "Same owner." the concierge's eyes have a glimmer and a knowing look. John then reaches into his pocket and takes out one of the coins. Sliding it onto the counter, the Concierge says, "room 818."

   John nods his thanks and accepts the room key. The plastic burns his fingers and he can only squeeze his eyes shut in pain by all this. Each step is him getting closer and closer to his old life. As he turns to walk away, a voice calls after him.