19. planned possessiveness

This party is starting to make me extremely uncomfortable, and when I say extremely, I mean extremely!

The girls have been walking around everyone talking and flirting and it's making me uncomfortable. They've all been up to me and tried to seduce me, making me have to awkwardly point to Sir across the room as he glares at them.

Then I've seen them walk towards old men and tried to whisper in their ears to make them get as high of a bid as possible. It's practically prostitution at this party, and it's scaring me. These women probably have so much potential... no one should have to turn to prostitution to get money.

I have seen those girls as maids or slaves or whatever we call them at the mansion in Miami before. What if he expects me to be one of them once he's grown tired of me? What if I don't get the choice to leave but I have to stay as one of his auction girls to raise himself more money.

My eyes glance at Sir who is standing and talking to a tall brunette. Her eyes are piercing blue and she has a flirtatious smile on her lips. The dress she's wearing is the same blue color as her iris, making her shine like a princess. I don't know why, but she is also making me uncomfortable.

She puts her arm on his bicep as she giggles, covering her mouth with a fan. God she's going all in on this theme, pathetic.

Girl calm down. We're not someone who hates on other women.

I sigh and look away from them, picking my glass up from the table and taking a sip. I almost choke as Quinn pulls me up of my seat. She starts to drag me off the little step our table are placed on top of, making me stumble after her.

"You can sing right?" She asks me as she pulls me towards the crowd. I furrow my eyebrows at her and nod. "Good, because our singer fainted and we need someone to fill in, otherwise Nico will kill him for ruining the ball." She explains, making my heart skip about eight beats.

"I can't sing here?!" I whisper yell. Quinn stops in her tracks and turn towards me, poking me in the chest with her finger.

"You will sing or else I'll make Nico tie you up and let me punish you. Do you want that?" She spits at me, actually annoyed. I gulp and stare at her wide-eyed, slowly shaking my head. "Good, now you'll sing the songs on the list. If you don't know the song, hold two fingers up behind your back to let the band know you'll sing the next song. Repeat the action if you do not know that song either." She hurriedly explains. I just nod my head, starting to hum and clear my throat a little as I try to warm my voice up.

My heart is thumping in my chest as I realize I'm going to sing in front of a room filled with powerful people, all probably having guns in their pockets or guards everywhere. One wrong move and I'm dead... right? Would Sir allow that?

Quinn stops in front of the scene and turns towards me again, making me pout. She sighs and pulls me into a hug, squeezing me reassuringly.

"You'll do great. Now go on, sexy!" She encourages and spins me around, pushing me towards the stage. I feel her pat my butt once as I take a step up the stage. Eyes of the crowd finding me as I turn red and walk towards the microphone.