Chapter 16

Daniel

It was crazy how she ruled our minds after such a short time of knowing her, how she had all of us drawn to her without even trying. The day after she went home she didn't contact us until she had Gav send her Simon's number to give his worried doctor brain a rest. She sent him photos of her major wounds and showed that thanks to him they were healing fine now, he seemed less stressed after that. Still only Simon and Gav could get in touch with Sidney since neither of them were handing over her number willingly, Gav had even put a lock on his phone to keep Micah out. 

The second day after we had found out we had a she wolf neighbor we were all getting a bit more anxious to see her again. She sent a text to Simon that her wounds were doing better and nothing else, it was maddening knowing we weren't allowed to pay her a visit either. Today was the third day and we still hadn't heard anything from her despite it being after dinner, Bowen seemed ready to barge over there himself to make sure she wasn't in trouble, or causing it. 

"Do you think she ran off?" Jason puffed out as he plopped onto the couch beside me, ever my dramatic younger brother. "She doesn't seem like the type to run off, I mean she has been challenging each of us since she got here." Tucker stated as he stared out the window in the direction of the Black Fork cottage. I was about to agree when Gavin's phone started to ring and all focus turned to him as he answered and the room fell silent. "Sid?" Gav whispered softly as he put the phone on speaker and laid it down on the table for everyone to be included, there was a sigh on the line in response.

 "Yeah Streaks it's me, I'm going to guess I'm on speaker and everyone can hear me, right?" Her voice was a captivating interest as we all stared at the phone. "Yeah." Colt answered as he glanced around the room, I met my older brothers eyes a moment before looking away in submission. "Are you alright, are your wounds bothering you again?" Simon rushed out as he hovered over the phone and her light chuckle came in response. "I'm fine, they barely even ache anymore." She stated through the receiver and Simon's shoulders sagged in relief. 

"Then to what do we owe the pleasure of your phone call, Sidney Blake?" Bowen was stern but despite his tone there was no hesitation or stuttering in her response. "Well we have to get this over at some point, might as well deal with it now. I'm inviting you all to my place tonight, we'll need to discuss the details a bit but the sooner we get this over with the better." Her huff sounded annoyed and I wondered if she could feel Bowen scowling at the phone. "Just what do you mean by that Sweet Cheeks?" Beck taunted her. "Simple, tonight we find out whether we can put up with each other as neighbors, or die trying." Her tone was clipped and serious, causing all of us to stare at the phone in silence, suddenly I wasn't so eager to see her again.

                                        Sidney

Once I had given the specific instructions to them on the best way to go about this little reunion I hung up and got to work getting things ready. My wounds were fully healed albeit still tender from the healing process but they only ached occasionally now. I decided to stretch my muscles to help limber them up as I locked my pets up in my room for their safety and ours. I didn't want them rushing to defend me if things got tense, because if anything happened to them all of my good neighborly bits were going to rip apart anyone that hurt my fur babies. 

I pushed all the furniture to the sides of the room to make a bit more space in the living room for the slightly unwanted company. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of 12 male wolves stinking up my property but I trusted my control a lot more than theirs. The knock on my door accompanied by the scents I could now recognize from a mile away let me know tonight was only just beginning. I steadied myself as I opened the door and allowed the six dominant males inside my home, all of them watching me as they held their tense postures.