Chapter 52

Liana

My mouth fell into a grim line and I stayed silent for a while, "Is it healthy? I think you are being too over-protective."

"I am very well aware of that, but I can't take chances." He reminded me. "Just bear with me, until that person is caught."

"Deal?" I said.

"Yea." He said, not really looking sincere to me and I teased him with a serious face.

"Are you sure?"

"I can't promise." He muttered and pouted.

I throw my head back and laughed out loud, "You are so adorable."

He grinned at me.

"But I am still mad at you for yesterday."

"I know, I will make it up to you. I promise." He said.

"I am kidding, you have too much in your plates, it is expected that you would explode."

"But you are not a punching bag."

"When am I one?"

"I am trying to have a serious talk here." He said.

"I know, I am just trying to lighten up the mood." I said.

"Nice try, baby." He said with a serious face

I gasped, surprised and offended at the same time. "What? You think I am horrible at trying to lighten the mood?"

He laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

Wednesday, two officers came to visit me in the office to question me again about the incident, they found suspects and wanted some help from me and I told them honestly, I have no idea apart from their clothings who they are.

"That's actually pretty difficult to find the suspect." One of them said, frowning. "But we are working on the CCTV around the whole area."

I nodded my head at him and asked, "Do Oliver know about this?"

"We have been in contact with his private detectives, and I think they contact him directly unlike us."

"Do they know you are visiting me here?"

"No." The other officer, who was a woman answered. "He is not very approachable."

I totally agreed with them, but just hmm. Somehow Oliver will find out about this meeting and we will see his reaction, I think it will be very bad.

"We will keep in contact with you and will look for the person, don't worry." The male officer- Archer replied. "Mr. Lee, said you already have securities."

"That's true." I said to him.

"But we can still provide you with some, if you just call us." The female officer replied and I nodded my head. I see Caleb's head popped in and he walked in wearing his black suit and Bluetooth in his ear.

"Officers." Caleb said greeting them politely. "May I have a word with you?"

"You must be Caleb? The person in charge of Ms.Parker's security." The woman greeted Caleb.

"Why don't you join us, Caleb?" I said to him, indirectly hinting that, he should speak here in front of me.

Caleb look hesitant and then nodded, "Mr. Lee is pretty upset that you did not contact him first before coming in here."

I looked taken aback at Caleb's words.

"Excuse me?" Archer said.

"He is on his way." Caleb said.

"Doesn't he have businesses to attend?" Marina, the woman officer replied back.

"His top priority is Ms. Parker, he was wondering why you haven't reach out to him first."

"Caleb." I interrupted him. "I would have told Oliver myself about today's meeting."

"I know, but I had to let him know as it was stated by Mr.Lee."

"I am so sorry."I said getting up from my seat and looking at the two officers. "Would you mind coming in some other day?"

"Of course, we will inform you if we find the suspect."

"Mr. Lee is on his way to meet you."Caleb stopped them.

"You May go ahead." I said to the two officers. Caleb, looked frustrated and did not say anything. When they left, I turned to Caleb.

"I know Caleb, it is hard for you to take my order along with Oliver, who made some certain decisions by himself. I will speak to Oliver about this when he is here."

"It's for your safety." Caleb said. "I am doing my duty to protect and keep you safe, but I think Mr. Lee will be pretty upset about this."

"I know, but I will handle him. Thank you for listening to me."

He nodded his head and exited the office. Twenty minutes later, Oliver walked in, his face red and frustrated.

"Would you like to have some coffee? I ordered some with some cupcakes." I said.

"I am not here for tea party, why did you let them leave?"

I stood up and walked to him and folded my arms and glared at him.

"I know you are protecting me, but some matters I need to know too- why all the matters have to go through you and I get the clean cut version of it? What's the point of cleaning the version when the reality is dirty?"

"I don't want you to feel scared or stress." He glared down at me.

"You think I am scared? That person is a a coward for even doing what they did and if I show them, that I am scared-that's a win for them."

"We are doing it my way." Oliver said shaking his head. "Let's just listen to me just this once, I always compromise and always listen and follow what you say, but this time. We are doing it my way!"

I glared at him and he give me a small cheeky grin. "I will pick you up after work."

"We could have had this talk after work too." I pointed out.

"And spoil our mood later? Sure." He said and pecked me lightly. "Caleb is on watch."

"Of course." I said and made him turn and push him towards the door. "We have a lot to discuss later tonight."

"See you later, baby." Oliver called out. "I miss you so much."

I shake my head and he smiled as he walked out of the door, sometime, I feel he always have his ways.

Author's Note: Thank you beautiful readers, your support have been incredible. Please vote for this chapter and share this book with other readers. Thank you once again!