32 - irl

Ava's POV:

Ava's POV:

I walk into the kitchen and over to the fridge, looking for something to eat. I just finished my homework and now i'm bored.

I tend to eat when i'm bored which is not a good habit.

As i'm rummaging through the opened doors of the fridge, someone else enters the kitchen.

That someone happens to be Alex. My brothers who's been ignoring me for a week. It's been that long since I told him about Ruel and he's somehow managed to ignore me ever since.

I don't know how he's done it considering we live in the same house. My parents noticed too but chose not to question it, thinking it was just us bickering.

At this point I don't even bother trying. He'll get over it. Maybe. Hopefully.

I grab a bag of potato chips and head back out of the kitchen.

I know I should probably try harder to get him to forgive me, but honestly I don't see what I did wrong. Sure, Ruel is his best friend, but it's not like us being together is stopping that. I just wish Alex would be happy for me, especially after my last relationship.

Anyways, today I invited Ruel over to hang out. He also decided it would be a good opportunity to talk to Alex since he's been ignoring Ruel's texts.

He should be here any minute so I decide to wait out on the porch and take a seat on the swinging bench.

Only two minutes later his car parks in my driveway. I stand up and watch as he steps out of his car. He runs his hand through his hair and looks at me with a wide smile.

Dang he's hot.

Ruel walks up the steps to where i'm waiting. "Hi baby." He leans down and kisses me softly.

I basically melt right then and there.

We pull away and I grin up at him. "Hi." I then turn around and push open the door. "Chip?" I hold out the bag as he enters.

Ruel laughs. "You're so weird." He takes some from the bag anyways despite his words.

I pout. "That's not a very nice thing to say to someone who just gave you chips."

He shakes his head. "You're right, i'm so sorry, please forgive me?" This time he pouts as he wraps his arms around my waist.

I shrug and look away, pretending to be upset. "I don't know..."

"Don't make me do it." Ruel raises his eyebrows.

I tilt my head curiously. "Do what?"

A smirk appears on his face and he begins to count down. "Three..."

I try to pull myself out of his arms. "Ruel what-"

"Two..." His grip tightens so I can't go anywhere.

"Wait, don't-"

"One."

I squeal when his hands suddenly latch onto my sides and he starts tickling me. I start to laugh uncontrollably and attempt to push on his chest, but obviously he's stronger so I have no luck.
"Ruel s-stop!"

"I'm gonna pass out-" I struggle to say.

Ruel just laughs at me and before I can react i'm lifted over his shoulder. He starts walking in the direction of my living room.

At least I can breathe again.

"That was mean." I say as I catch my breath.

I hear him chuckle. "Hey, this is a pretty nice view." I gasp and slap his back since I can't really reach his head.

"What? I'm just telling the truth princess-" Ruel suddenly goes silent just as we enter the living room. He sets me down on the ground and clears his throat.
I frown. "What's wrong?"

He nods to something behind me so I turn around. My eyes widen and I realize why he went quiet.

Alex is sitting on the couch, looking at us with a glare.

I play with the end of my shirt. "Let's just go up to my room." I say to Ruel quietly. He nods so we turn to walk out.

"Hey Ruel?" Alex suddenly says, surprising us both. We turn back around. "Could you guys try and keep it down up there? I don't want to hear you fucking my sister."

What? We aren't even close to doing that.

My eyes widen once again and I look at Ruel to see his reaction. His jaw is clenched and he looks angry. "I don't know man, Ava's pretty fucking hot when she's screaming my name." He smirks, trying to rile him up.

And I guess it worked.

Alex stands up from the couch. "Shut. The fuck. Up." He says through gritted teeth.

"You're the one who suggested it. What did you expect?" Ruel raises an eyebrow.

"I said, shut up." My brother snaps.

Ruel takes a step towards my brother. "Or what? You gonna hit me?"

That's when I decide I should probably intervene. I step in front of Ruel and place my hand on his chest. "Can we just go? Please?" I mumble.

His jaw is still clenched but his eyes soften. He glances up at Alex before returning his eyes down to me and nodding. "Yeah." He mutters.

I grab his hand and we leave the living room without saying another word to Alex. We walk up the stairs to my room.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly as I close the door.

Ruel frowns. "For what? You can't control what he does." He takes a seat on the edge of my bed and grabs my hand to pull me in between his legs. "He'll get over himself eventually." He speaks softly.

I nod but i'm not so convinced. The way he acted just now makes me doubt he'll forgive us anytime soon.

Ruel places his hands on each side of my face and gently rubs my cheekbone. He stares at me with an unfamiliar look in his eyes.

"You're pretty." He grins cheekily.

The random compliment makes me blush. "So are you." I giggle.

Ruel laughs and shakes his head. "Thank you sweetheart." He kisses my forehead.

His eyes light up all of a sudden. "Can we watch The Society again?"