six

From Harry: I'll do it.

I stood up from the couch on the side of the room as soon as I got the text, my heart beating quickly in my chest, scrambling to check the time before replying.

To Harry: Come to the studio at half past five today

I sent it, being endlessly glad that he'd chosen to text me, because I wasn't sure I would've been able to go through a similar conversation with him without internally freaking out.

Knowing I only had about fifteen minutes before he showed up, I started walking around, trying to fix everything in the studio so it looked absolutely perfect, even though I knew it wouldn't have been a first impression and that he would've got to see a much messier version of it in the following days.

When he rang the doorbell I couldn't help but feel like it was too soon, even though I knew that Harry never arrived at any moment that wasn't either perfectly on time or fashionably late.

I walked to the door and I opened it, stopping in my tracks as soon as I saw him. Once again, he was clearly coming from work, a pair of glasses on top of his head helping to keep his dark hair out of his face, an unreadable look on his face as he stared at me.

I moved to the side to allow him to walk in and he did, taking off his black trench coat to reveal the black long-sleeved shirt he was wearing underneath. He turned to look at him and I greeted him quietly, and it was only at that point that he spoke as well.

"Hey, Sierra" he replied, his voice low, and I nodded quickly.

"Let's go in the other room" I told him before walking in first, knowing that he would've followed me.

I entered the studio and pointed out the chair in front of the desk for him to sit on, sitting down on mine just as he did the same. I stared at him for a few seconds in silence, taking in the way he looked like on that day, trying to find it in me to start talking. I was about to say something when my phone started ringing all of sudden.

I furrowed my eyebrows, shifting my gaze from the young man sitting in front of me and picking up the phone, staring at the name of the caller for a couple of seconds. "Oh, it's just Nicholas" I then said, silencing my phone and putting it on the side again.

"Who's Nicholas?" Harry asked, clear confusion in his voice.

I glanced up quickly, realising in that second that I'd probably fucked up - considering I wasn't planning on telling him I was dating someone. He was looking at me, a puzzled but attentive look in his green irises, his position on the chair stiller than before, waiting for me to reply. "My boyfriend" I said in the end, knowing that there was no reason not to tell him at that point.

He pursed his dark pink lips at my words, his gaze shifting to the side, taking in a silent but slightly noticeable deep breath. "Oh."

I gave him a little nod, suddenly pretending to take a pencil and scribble something on the paper sheet in front of me to escape the awkwardness. "Yeah."

There were some seconds of silence, and then he spoke again. "Is it serious?" He asked quietly, a look I couldn't identify in his eyes.

"We've been together for 2 years and we live together, so..." I let my words drift off and gave him a little shrug, wanting nothing more than to drop the topic, glancing down at the sheet again.

"Are you happy?"

I looked up quickly at his unexpected question and frowned, not having expected him to ask something like that. "Yeah, I am" i replied, and he gave me a little nod.