CHAPTER | 10 |

A WEEK LATER

"SHOTS ON ME!" a drunk girl screamed. I winced at the sound but began pouring out their drinks. They snatched them as soon as I placed the small glasses on the table and screamed again. I turned my back on them and went to serve other people.

The club was dark and full of people who were ready to live life to the fullest. I hadn't seen Ghost which meant he had either forgotten about me or was killing people somewhere else. Alonzo, the owner of the club, patted me on my shoulder as he walked past.

"How's the girls?" He asked over the music, pouring himself water.

"Noisy," I admitted.

"I'm guessing it's a birthday trip."

Another round of giggles erupted from the girl and her friends. I looked at them, tired. "It seems like it."

"I'll serve them. Stay here and watch the bar."

I continue handing people drinks late into the night until most people were too drunk to ask for anything else. Two men in suits sat down on the stools at the end of the bar, a contrast to the dancers around them. They gave off a bad vibe from the way their eyes flickered around as if looking for someone and how their hands hovered over their pockets. Walking up to them with a smile, I overheard part of their conversation.

"...An ambush at the warehouse would work."

The man in the red suit shook his head. "But we need the USB stick."

"Clayton should have it so we..." the bald man stopped speaking as I approached.

"What can I get you?" I said cheerfully.

"Whiskey."

"The same for me."

As I poured the drinks, trying to eavesdrop but the music made the inaudible especially as they began whispering. They went silent when I handed them the glasses of whiskey, simply nodding in thanks. Another thirty minutes passed and they remained in the same spot, their drinks untouched. Suddenly, they stood up, brushing off invisible lint from their suits.

The crowd seemed to part as Ghost walked over to the men like a predator hunting prey. He wore the same gold chain I last saw him with, black sweatshirt and a long, light brown trench coat. Confidence rolled off him with hints of arrogance. Gold eyes glanced at me for a brief second but went back to the two guys in front of him. Without uttering a word, he gestured for the men to follow him and they left. Despite my best efforts, my heart wouldn't slow down and I felt like following him.

"Sh*t. Why is he here?" Alonzo swore, anger and fear in his voice.

I turned to him, feigning innocence. "Why is who here?"

"Ghost. The tall one you just saw. Seeing him is never a good sign like a omen of death."

"I don't understand," I said confused.

"Ghost has the name Prince of Vegas around here. We all know him and he's a f*cking dangerous man. Don't get on his bad side, you hear? He can ruin a man in a second and I don't want to be next," he warned. "Finish up here and leave."