It's Not Her Tempo

You had always been of a fan of music ever since you were small. Now, after years of lessons and practices, here you were, guitar in hand as you were ready to face a new challenge. Your band now going to different colleges. It was depressing to say the least as your friends all left you. But still, you were going into Beacon Academy, one of the most prosperous schools around you. You had attended to study musical theory and composition as you wanted to become the next famous musical in the nation.

You took in a deep breath and walked into the music hall of the school and got your equipment set up after finding your locker within the hall. You took in a deep breath and began to play your guitar. You had to admit, you weren't the best, but not the worse. You enjoyed what you did and through it, you believed yourself to be a better person for it.

???: Your guitar playing sucks.

You opened your eyes and saw a white hair girl standing before you.

(Y/N): Sorry...

Weiss: Weiss. And you need to learn to play better.

(Y/N): Well, that's why I'm here. And sorry, but I was in a band before I came here.

Weiss: Was is the key word there.

(Y/N): We broke up. We all went to different colleges.

Weiss: Did they all play just as bad as you?

(Y/N): You really are a wave of sunshine, you know that?

Weiss: And you need to play better.

You rolled your eyes and continued to play. Weiss scoffed you off and walked over to a piano and began to play as well. You stopped once you heard the piano keys. They were very well placed and well paced all together. You shook it off and went back to playing your own guitar and enjoyed the music together.

Weiss: Your guitar is ruining my piano.

(Y/N): Man! Is there anything you compliment?

Weiss: Yes. But only if you earn it.

You sighed and rolled your eyes. You played a bit more while also listening to Weiss' play of the piano. She continued to scold you and that got you beyond pissed and left the building. A day later classes began and you walked into the hall and got your things together. However, once you entered the classroom, you saw Weiss sitting next to the piano. She had a smile on her face until she saw you take your seat beside her.

Weiss: What are you doing here?! You can barely play!

(Y/N): First of all, I can play. Just not up to your standards, ok, princess. Secondly, I am here because I got into their program and I want to learn.

A teacher walks in and slams a book down on the desk.

Teacher: Now then. Welcome to Beacon Academy. Now, shall we begin today's lesson.

The class was pretty basic for today at least. You all played and were taught a bit for each of your instruments. That also seemed to have Weiss annoyed since the teacher openly praised you and your playing. Although, the teacher did say that you would need some improvement. Once classes were finished for today, you went back to the hall to practice.

When you did, you saw Weiss was sitting at her piano and singing a song you were all to familiar with. Greensleeves. So, you snuck around and grabbed an acoustic and sat down and waited for the right moment to play with her.

Weiss: (Singing) To cast me off discourteously;

And I have loved you oh so long

Delighting in your company.