𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND I SAID HI !

☀︎

ALEX, JONATHAN AND NANCY HAD ALL SHARED THEIR FIRST CLASS TOGETHER. They had all left together as they normally did, all trying to squeeze their way out the doorway at the same time. Tina had been waiting outside of their class, a stack full of orange Halloween invitations. Her eyes had travelled right over Jonathan and Alex as she passed one straight to Nancy.

Nancy had came to a pause as she quickly scanned over the sheet. A party sounded perfect to clear their minds and spend Halloween together. Turning back to Tina, she politely asked for two more before coming back to their sides. Excitement bubbled in her as she thrust the invitation right into each of their chests. "You two are coming to this."

Both Alex and Jonathan had glanced over the invite before quickly meeting one another's eyes and biting back their laughter. This was not something that they were at all interested in. Handing back over the paper to Nancy, Alex had shook her head, "No thanks, Nance."

"Oh, no. At least give it a chance," Nancy groaned in response. Clinging onto Alex's arm, she held a pleading look in her eyes until Alex had gave in with a laugh and took the paper back from her.

"Come and get sheet faced," Jonathan read aloud with a laugh. "No, I'm not going to this either."

"I can't let you sit all alone on Halloween. That's just not acceptable," Nancy stated, shoving her flier into her binder. She had been determined to be persistent on the matter. These were her friends and she had wanted to spend Halloween with them, no matter what anyone else had thought.

"Well, you can relax. I'm not gonna be alone. I'm going to be with Alex and taking the boys trick or treating." Jonathan looked to Alex for help but she didn't think there was anything they could say to get Nancy to stop. There was a determination in her eyes and even if they had said no, there was a chance that she would be at Jonathan's house demanding that they go.

"You're gonna be home by eight, you two will go back to Jonathans, listening to the Talking Heads or watching a movie, eating Mike and Wills candy."

"Mike? You mean Dustin?" Alex asked.

"No. I mean Mike. He has a huge crush on you," Nancy smiled devilishly. Alex thought for a minute but shook her head in response, "No way. I mean, he already offered to give me some since Dustin won't share but that's because he's like my little brother."

"Whatever, I think it sounds like a nice night," Jonathan said, diverting the conversation back to Halloween night. Spending the night in the comfort of his own home and being kept company by his best friend had sounded more than enough.

"Both of you just need to come," Nancy said, stopping at her locker, "I mean, who knows, you two might even meet someone." Nancy held her silence for a moment as they continued on down the hall. A smile had came to her lips as she looked towards the two in a playful manner. "Or realize all along you like the person you hang out with daily." She raised an eyebrow at the two, hinting that maybe they would start to like each other. It seemed reasonable enough for her and had felt like a perfect distraction to take her mind of Jonathan.