Chapter 35

guys, I'm really sorry if this sounds mean, and I really appreciate that you guys love this story, but please don't ask me to update. i have another story that I try to update as much as this one and I also have a busy schedule. I love you guys, I really do, and I appreciate you wanting to read this so much, and I love writing it, but I can't dedicate my life to this website and this story.
xoCrashFire

*~*~*~*~*

"So," Gerard says excitedly. "I have a great plan for your birthday and half of it waiting at my house." I smile and take in his excitement, getting butterflies of joy just from the thoughts of what might be waiting for me.

"What is it?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly from the rush of excitement and from my lack of patience.

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?" he asks, glancing over at me briefly before refocusing his gaze on the road.

"It doesn't have to be a surprise," I say, shifting around so I can lean against the door and still be comfortable.

"Yeah it does! It isn't a birthday present if it isn't a surprise." He glances at me for a split second, then looks back at the road so we don't crash.

I don't respond to it, leaving us in silence, the only noise being the humming of the engine. I use the lack of conversation to study him. I study the way he holds the steering wheel with his left hand, letting his right rest on his thigh lightly. I look at the way he squints slightly in concentration.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asks, speaking out of the corner of his mouth, another mannerism of his that I absolutely adore.

"Because you're beautiful," I respond casually.

"You're the birthday boy, shouldn't you be getting the compliments?" he asks, looking over at me before focusing back on the road.

"Well, you're trying to butter me up for something aren't you, Gerard?" I ask playfully, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I'm just saying," he says. "I'm not like that. Besides, we haven't even been dating long enough for that."

"I was joking, relax." He looks at me and smiles a little as he over exaggerates the point of relaxing by completely slouching his body and letting out a long sigh.

"So," I say, trying to sound persuasive. "Where are we going?"

"Frank, I'm not telling you. We're almost there anyways, you can wait." I look ahead of us and see that we're on a gravel road, heading into what looks like the middle of nowhere.

"It looks we're going to the middle of absolutely no-fucking-where," I mutter, making sure he hears it.

"Geez, Frank. You may be an adult now, but you sure don't act like it," he says playfully, moving his hand off his thigh to ruffle my slightly shaggy hair.