𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

YOU DON'T GOTTA LIE TO ME !

☀︎

DUSTIN HENDERSON HAD BEEN ON A SIMILAR MISSION AS HIS SISTER— FIND HIS FRIENDS. He had arrived at the Wheelers in search of Mike, and even was willing to settle on asking Nancy for help, but there was no such luck. Making his way across the lawn, he was ready to test his luck and head to the Byers despite them not answering their phone. That was until a car had pulled up to the curb.

Steve Harrington had jumped out of his car with a bouquet of roses in hand, reciting an apology and explanation he had practiced the entire way to the Wheelers. Today, he had wanted to speak to Nancy properly about everything that had happened at the Halloween party, but with about as much luck as Dustin— Nancy wasn't home.

Fixing his hair, the knots in his stomach continued to grow and his nerves had picked up in a way he never felt before. This was supposed to be easy and every scenario he played in his head, everything would work out. "Listen," he whispered to himself as he went over his speech once more. "I've been thinking and you're right. Maybe I like Alex, I don't know. I'm sorry..." His face had scrunched up in bewilderment with his own words. "I'm sorry? What the hell am I sorry for? I can like whoever the hell I want."

Making his way over to Steve, Dustin had gone against every logical thought in his mind, and went to ask for some help. "Steve," he called out. "Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?"

"No," he said awkwardly as he looked down at the flowers. In return, Dustin yanked the flowers from his grasp and started to head towards Steve's car. Throwing his hands up, Steve couldn't believe that out of every scenario he had ran through of this situation— none had Dustin interrupting and ruining everything. "Hey! What the hell?"

"Nancy isn't home," Dustin called over his shoulder. "Besides, I thought you two were over."

"Not exactly," Steve said uncomfortably. "I-I guess I mean, I don't know. That's why I'm here. Where is she?"

"Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life."

"Yeah, which I'm trying to work out right now." Following after, he was pretty sure Dustin wasn't going to let him off so easily. "Honestly, man, you wouldn't understand what I'm dealing with here."

"All the girls are obsessed with you and there isn't enough Steve to go around. I really don't care," Dustin snapped. His needs were urgent, and he didn't care much for listening to Steve still hung up on Nancy. To him, they were an insufferable couple, but then again, he didn't know if he thought that only because he thought Steve as the most insufferable person he's met.