𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

IT'S EMBARRASSING BECAUSE
SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND !

IT'S EMBARRASSING BECAUSE SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND !

☀︎

THE VERY NEXT MORNING, THE THREE HAD PLANNED FOR AN ADVENTURE TO KILL DART. Buckets of meat and their bats had seemed like the perfect tools to get the job done, except Dustin had still been working on finding any of his friends to help with something so big.

Inside, Alex had went to go grab her bag when the phone had gone off. Heading over to answers, she pulled the phone off the receiver and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Did I wake you up?"

Confused by the random caller, she had moved the phone to her other ear as she furrowed her brows. "Uh, no. Who is this?"

"You really forgot about me already, Henderson?" The voice on the end sounded kind of familiar to Alex but she had felt herself blanking. Shaking her head, she had wanted to make an attempt, but nothing came to mind.

"Sorry, but I'm sort of busy, so you gotta tell me or I'm hanging up."

On the other end, a disappointed huff had came before an answer followed. "Billy Hargrove." As he went to continue, Steve had walked through the door, letting her know they were ready to leave. But when she had stuck up a finger for another moment, he had tossed a chunk of meat in her direction to get her moving along. On the other end, Billy had assumed her to be listening. "I wanted to see if you could hang out today."

"Today?" She questioned him in surprise as she motioned for Steve to leave. "Uh, yeah, I don't really know if I can. Maybe I can give you a call later..."

"Or we could always..."

Billy's nervous words were cut off as Alex had pulled the phone away from her ear to tell Steve to wait a moment for her to finish her call. Pulling the phone back up to her ear, she knew it was best to end it there and worry about him later. "Hey, listen, I'm sorry but I really have to go now.

"Whoa, how about tonight?" he asked quickly before she could hang up on him.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," she spoke quickly, already checking out of the conversation far before Billy had. Her mind had been elsewhere and with Steve's distraction, she had no idea what her accidental agreement would lead to tonight.

"Henderson, seriously, your brother will kick my ass if we don't go now," Steve said as she made her way over. Heading outside, just as he said, Dustin was beyond frustrated with the lack of urgency between the two.

As soon as Alex approached, Dustin had stuck out a bucket of meat her way as he lifted his very own. "Aren't you gonna put on a jacket or something?"

Alex glanced down to herself and frowned at the jeans and tank top— clothing that was not very appropriate for the autumn weather they had. "I'm still hot," she said quietly.