Chapter 5

Luna's POV

I sighed tiredly as I look through the files of my patient. His name was John Chen, he was suffering from severe depression and was showing suicidal symptoms. He was my client here in Taiwan. He was young, only eighteen years old, currently in his first year of college.

It has been a week and I've been having sessions with him every morning. At first his mother talked with him calmly about this matter before coming to me, he broke down and admitted he wanted help but he didn't know how.

I knew his pain, I felt how suffocated he must have been. He was quiet when we first met, but I didn't like treating my patients as, well patients. I liked having normal conversations with them, then eventually they open up to me about the reason why they came to see me.

Of course we still had a professional relationship between each other. I'm their psychologist and they are my patients. No one should be crossing that line.

He eventually opened up when I started talking to him and asking questions about his life, such as hobbies, his likes and dislikes. It took an hour but he got comfortable.

Right now, we just finished a session and I was arranging the notes I had taken from this session. He was getting a bit better, we always talk for three hours straight. He genuinely wanted to get better and I'm glad that he was slowly improving.

It's not a rush, no one is rushing to get better quickly. It's a step by step process after all, it's gonna take a long time. But eventually, you'll get there.

"Uhm, miss Lùlù?" John asked from where he was seating. I had given him a cup of tea and some painting materials for him to use once he gets home. I learned that he loved painting and had his canvases hung up in his house.

"Yes, John?" I asked looking at him, smiling.

"Are you okay? You seem very tired." I could tell he was truly concern, he is genuinely such a nice kid.

"I'm fine, thank you. I just haven't been getting enough sleep." I replied, it was true. I suffered from chronic insomnia but I could handle it since I was used to it. It was unhealthy, I even considered sleeping pills but I didn't like relying on pills, so I stopped using it years ago.

"Oh, well I just wanted to say thank you again." He shyly said, looking at the paint brushes on the coffee table in front of him.

"It's no problem, I'm glad you're getting better. After all, you still have to graduate from that art school and become a painter. I love your paintings." I told him, standing up from my leather chair and moving towards the couch where he was sitting at.

John stood up and smiled at me.

"Well, I'm gonna go home now. Thank you for today miss!" John said, shaking his hand with mine and gathering his things.

"Alright, be safe. See you tomorrow." I said, waving at him as he closed the door to my office.

I stood still for a minute, enjoying the silence and finally moving towards my wooden desk. I closed the folder and grabbed my phone and keys. I left my office, locking the door and making my way to the elevator.

My office was located in the sixth floor. This building had different kinds of therapists, counsellors and of course, psychologists.

The elevator dinged and opened its doors, I walked in and pressed the ground floor button. I leaned back on the wall and look at the mirror beside me.

My silver pastel lavender hair was long and up in a high pony tail. My brown eyes looked tired, my pale cheeks were tinted a bit of pink. I touched my forehead and cursed silently. I had a slight fever, probably from the cold weather.