Minho [13]

Y/N was a fairly carefree person. But, she wasn't going to lie, since Teresa arrived, she'd been on edge. Teresa was never very far from Minho and frequently seemed to be looking his way, deep in thought. It scared her a little. Her and Minho had been partners in crime since the beginning, and the thought of losing him to someone else was devastating.

Right now, Y/N and Minho were in the map room, working late into the night on their most recent find. It was a device they'd pulled out of the griever with the number seven lit up by bright red lights.

Even though he should have been working, Minho couldn't help but get annoyed by how quiet Y/N was being. The two of them were always goofing off, making fun of one another and laughing. The past couple of days, she'd been the opposite. Distant, aloof and if you asked Minho, radiating a lack of self-esteem.

"Hey!" Minho nearly shouted at the girl staring blankly into space. "What's up with you?"

Minho, ever since Thomas had arrived in the Glade, had also been on edge. Thomas had been spending a lot of time around Y/N since the three of them were runners, and at times, it made Minho uncomfortable. He didn't like how close Thomas sat when they all broke for lunch and bit the inside of his cheek anytime Thomas put his hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"What's up with you?!" Y/N cried back, holding her arms out in defence, putting down the papers she'd been working on. She knew she was acting weird lately, but so was Minho.

"I dunno!" Minho spat. "You've been all—well—shutting me out the past few days. And I know it's not just cause you're scared or whatever, cause you aren't that wimpy."

Y/N sighed and pursed her lips. "Listen, Teresa has been watching you close since she got here and I can't help but think one day you're going to drop me for her. Okay?"

Minho furrowed his brows and seemed to be frozen for a few seconds. His brain was running faster than he could ever wish to. "Ha." He squeaked.

"What?" Y/N crossed her arms. "I'm being honest. I just—"

Minho pushed away from the table and took quick, long strides until he reached the girl on the other side. He put his hands on her shoulders and smiled sympathetically, but of course not without a little mischievousness intertwined. "Shebean, are you jealous?"

Y/N averted her gaze. "Not jealous...just worried."

"That's cute." He snickered.

"Wait," Y/N tilted her head in question. "Is that why you've been acting weird too? You're jealous—"

"Who said I was jealous?" Minho took in a sharp breath, his face flushing a little.

"I did."

"Right." Minho swallowed hard. "Well—Thomas has been little touchy, alright? And it's getting on my nerves."

"Wow..." Y/N rocked on her heels, trying to withhold a smirk. "Minho. The Minho was afraid of losing me to a greenie?"

In both annoyance and embarrassment, Minho attacked the girls sides, making her yelp and break out in laughter. He held her in his arms and looked down to those Y/E/C eyes he'd never forget.

"Says you, shuckface. You really thought I was gonna leave you?" He asked, sadness and doubt woven in his words, running his thumb over her cheek.

Y/N smiled softly, a heavy weight now lifted off of her chest. "Not anymore."

Nearly crushing the girl in his arms, Minho rocked side to side and laughed lightly. "Good that."