14 || Day Dreaming

A few days passed between Casey's meeting with her team and all of the drama surrounding her attending B's game. She didn't hear from B but did see his shady posts. Gabe made her very aware that he had seen it too and was giving her a few days to deal with it before he got involved. Casey wasn't sure how she wanted to deal with B or if she wanted it all to pass over and hope everyone forgets.

Over the last few days, she had time to think about her next few steps in life.Thus, she had Bree schedule a meeting with Ashleigh in her office this morning. Gabe agreed to take Deuce to school which allowed Casey just enough time to make it to the office and prepare for her meeting. She had yet to discuss things with Gabe but had plans to meet him after her meeting with Ashleigh. She knew that her decision would spark change in both of their lives and one big change that Gabe most likely would not agree with. His agreement or disagreement would determine their future. While she very well wanted to be with Gabe, she was done putting him first. Her own happiness was her priority even if it meant she would lose a few people along the way.

She arrived to her office and made her way to the elevator with her cellphone in hand, checking and responding to emails along the way. Just as expected, Ashleigh was waiting for her in the lobby of her office as she entered through the double doors.

"Your 9am is here. You have a wax appointment at noon and nail appointment at 1pm then you're free for the day." Bree said as Casey approached the receptionist's desk.

"Well Good Morning best friend! How are you?"

"Good. Now go! We are on a tight schedule." Bree reiterated.

"Says who? And my nail and wax appointment are next week. I just checked my calendar last night."

"I know but I had to move them up."

"Why?"

"GIRL! If you don't go." Bree said pushing Casey towards her office. "Oh and here, a vanilla bean frap with soy milk. Enjoy." Bree said handing Casey her drink from Starbucks.

"Come on Ash." Casey said from her door as she sideeyed Bree. She knew something was up but didn't have the time to try to figure that out right now.

Ashleigh joined Casey in her office which provided a beautiful view of the skyline. She had floor to ceiling windows on the west and north side and grey painted walls on the south and east side. Two black double doors served as the entrance on the south side of the office. Ashleigh sat in front of Casey's desk as Casey found her seat behind it.

"So I'm guessing you've thought about it?" Ashleigh said with a smile.

"I have, actually."

"Ok? ..... And?" Ashleigh asked hungry for more.

"Well. I don't want to do it now." Casey said as she clasped her hands together and leaned on her desk with her elbows.

"You could have easily called me for this." Ashleigh replied obviously annoyed.

"I wasn't finished. I said not now. I do agree that Gabe and I need to sort out our lives first. Yall can proceed with selling the house. I never planned on moving back honestly."

"So why not now?"

"Because my life is a fucking mess. I don't know what this shit is Gabe and I have going on and I need time. Time to figure that out, my businesses out, I would have to prepare for transition. Find someone to run this practice. It's a lot and I need time."

"Ok so what now?"

"Well first, these are just elections to fill vacant seats. None of those I want. I know this is the easiest and quickest way but you know me. Go big or go home."