Chapter 6: Dinner Gets Cold...

''We'll see each other at dinner.'' Namjoon had said, like it was a favor he was doing her.

Asking her: "Will you join me for dinner?'' would have been more gentlemanly, even if she knew she didn't have a choice in the matter.

She opened the room's closet, full of expensive clothes; that part was nice, but noticing that everything was her size and that Namjoon somehow managed to find that information before meeting her was a bit creepy and very much infuriating.

Everything was going according to Namjoon's plan... Until now.

What he didn't know was that she had a plan of her own. All of her men had been carefully instructed on the procedure to follow if she was to disappear and that meant trouble was on the horizon for Namjoon and his organisation.

She decided to put on a red cocktail dress with a leather belt for dinner. Acting coy while wearing the nice clothes Namjoon had spent money on could only add salt to his wounded ego when he would find out what her organisation had been up to...

''It's time for dinner, I'm here to escort you.'' A man said, as he entered her roonm, she recognised him as the one Namjoon had called Jungkook.

She smiled at the thought of a soon to be fuming Namjoon and eyed the man. He seemed young, most likely a year or two younger than her. Sending a rookie to bring her? Namjoon was underestimating her yet again.

''I believe it's more polite to knock before entering a lady's room...'' Mirai said in a joking manner before coming closer to the man, running a hand through her hair as she arrived in front of him.

''The boss is not very patient, so if I were you I'd hurry and come, instead of talking.'' The man said.

''Having a competent young man like you come fetch me like some lowly lackey...seems like Namjoon doesn't know how to put good men to use. In the Kuromiya clan, talent and power go hand in hand...''

''Don't waste your saliva, I would never betray Bangtan...''

''Being loyal to your organisation is commendable, but here's a bit of friendly advice; expecting the same loyalty from Namjoon is nothing short of naïve. I'm talking from experience...'' the girl said with a wink, while following the man to the dining room. She walked as slowly as she could, not only to make Namjoon wait some extra seconds, but also to observe the layout of the manor, a proper escape plan needed cautious preparation.

She finally arrived to the dining room and sat down, in front of a fuming Namjoon. Could it be that her men had already started wreaking havoc?

''Let me guess, my men are celebrating our recent engagement by sending you some congratulatory gifts?'' Mirai said sarcastically.

''So you knew!?" Namjoon yelled as he brought his fist down on the table so hard that his glass of wine fell and spilled all over his steak.

''No fair, I didn't get any red wine sauce on mine!'' Mirai joked.

She expected a screaming fit, but instead Namjoon got from his chair calmly to come and sit next to her, the look on his face went so dark a chill ran up her back.

''So right now what you're telling me is that you men are hunting down my business partners and chopping up their fingers under your orders?'' the man said, coldly.

''Didn't you say you could handle a handfull of thugs?'' Mirai replied, trying to hide her fear at Namjoon's odd lack of emotion.

Hearing his own words used against him made Namjoon smile, with a sinister grin. He reached forward and gently pushed a strand of hair away from Mirai's face, normally she would have pushed his hand away, but there was something so scary in his expression that she decided not to move. He rested his hand on her cheek, almost tenderly.

''People are so predictable, you're the only one who ever managed to surprise me. I really missed that...''

Hearing Namjoon dare say he had missed her made her angrier that it should have.

''If you liked it so much maybe you shouldn't have betrayed me before running out of my life.'' Mirai said, all playfulness gone from her tone.

''You're still mad about that? We were kids...''

''That day I stopped being a kid.''

''You're being a bit dramatic, did you have that big a crush on me before I left you in that park?'' Namjoon joked, running his hand in her hair slowly.

''Don't ever mention that day again in front of me...'' Mirai threatened, finally finding the guts to try and push Namjoon's hand away.

The moment, she lifted her arm, Namjoon's soft touch turned into an iron grasp as he roughly clutched a handful of her hair and pulled her towards him, making her yelp in surprise and pain.

''Being feisty is part of your charm, but I can only let you get away with so much, princess. That little stunt of yours is costing me big time, I lost the trust of some very important partners, without even mentioning the fortune in compensation I'll have to spend to appease the situation.'' The man said coldly before yanking Mirai's head back painfully, and observing her reaction.

She tried to act tough, but he could see a hint of fear in her eyes.

''Here's how things are going to go. If you don't behave yourself, you'll give me no choice but to take some drastic actions... I heard your father's health is quite fragile these days, you wouldn't want something unfortunate to happen, would you?'' Namjoon threatened her with an amused smile when he saw fear wash over her face.

''Don't you dare lay a finger on my father!''

''Mr. Kuromiya is to be my father in law; I want him in good health as well. He should have heard about our engagement now, but I'm afraid the message wasn't carried over properly. We'll soon host a small party to make our engagement public, that way your men should know that I'm their new boss. Your only duty now is to start living as my future wife and obey me, if you behave well enough, maybe one day I'll even let you step out of this house... Am I being perfectly clear, princess?''

Mirai was biting her tongue so hard she could taste blood, she wanted to curse and attack the jerk, but for now, he had the upper hand. As long as her father wasn't safe, she had to watch her every move. It took everything she had for her to step over her pride and nod in response.

It seemed good enough for Namjoon and he loosened his grip on her hair before caressing the back of her neck, ever so soflty, making chills run up her spine.

''I'm glad we see eye to eye, princess.''

The cruel man in front of Mirai had nothing to do with her childhood friend. Mirai's faint hope of using their bond to set herself free had died.

He was a sinister character; power hungry and cold hearted.

The sweet little boy was no longer afraid, because he became much scarier that what he used to fear.

She couldn't marry that kind of man.

She absolutely couldn't let that kind of man take over her family's legacy.

She had to escape this place; at any cost.

***

Author's note:

You didn't think this would be a cute story of two childhood sweethearts easily falling back into eachother's arms, did you? (:

Thank you so much for reading and see you next chapter for a deeper look into our character's true colors...