Chapter 1:Time

"Life, if well-lived, is long enough."

                      -Seneca

Seconds.

Minutes.

Hours

Time is a funny thing...

It surrounds us, constantly moving, constantly changing everything around us...but we never notice it...not until it's too late.

We complain about having too little or too much of it. We squander it, waste it on unimportant things...whether it be gossiping about childish drama or fighting with one of our dearest friends over a small misunderstand.

However, there are rare occasions where we all stop for a few moments and truly realize the value of the time we are given...sometimes it's when we lay alone at night...wishing we had loved the daylight fonder...other times it's when we stand beside the hospital bed of our loved ones...

Time.

We never seem to have enough of it.

As it passes over us, we only ever realize it changing the things around us...we never stop to realize that we have also changed, physically and mentally.

What we all fail to realize is that time is our friend...Time is working in our favor...

As time passes, we forget the horrible fights with friends...our physical scars heal as well as our emotional ones....As time passes...we get better...we get stronger.

Time.

The silent friend that strokes our hair as we sleep, the small angel that pushes our saddest moments to the back of our mind, the loving hand that wipes our tears.

Time does so much good for us.

So why do we constantly take it for granted?

________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin hummed a quiet tune to himself as he kicked the sides of his horse lightly, urging him to go faster as he trotted through the thick forest.

His hands held the leather reigns tightly as he guided his trusted animal through the lush forest, accurately dodging numerous bushes and trees that blocked his path.

Growing up in the area, Jimin had become extremely familiar with the twists and turns of Hunters Forest. Confusing paths and trails that often perplexed others seemed like child's play to him. He knew this place like the back of his hand.

Which is why he was to only guard in the palace responsible for setting traps and hunting in the crowded woods.

Sure, Jimin enjoyed coming into the forest and he even enjoyed hunting, but he was a member of the Emperor's personal guard, hunting was the job of a servant or a kitchen boy. The other soldiers often mocked him for having to carry out such a trivial task when his ranking was so high, which of course, upset him.

He was a trained killer...but here he was...checking traps and hunting deer.

The young man ran a hand through his red hair as a sigh escaped his plump lips, his eyes scanning over one of his traps.

His eyebrows furrowed as he took in the condition of one of his many traps that he had set the day before.

To anyone else, the sight of a trap being successful would be a normal occurrence and if it were any other trap he would have thought the same thing... but this wasn't any regular trap...

It was a spy trap.

This particular trap was created for any spies that may be sneaking through the Hunter's forest. Everyone that lived in the Capitol knew never to venture this far into the woods, or else they could very easily get lost...but spies from other countries did not know that and they would often tries to find shelter in the thick brush of the forest.