Unraveling

A/N: So, I realize that this doll's name isn't actually Maggie, but I've decided to keep it in for now. Sorry for the wait, but I'm currently trying to plan for the next few chapters! Lmk what you think of this chapter! <3

You woke up to the sound of distant shouting. You blinked the sleep from your eyes, moving the covers off of you as you stumbled out of bed. You had slept in the dolls' sleeping quarters for the night, on one of the beds given to you. It was the best you'd slept since you came to Jason's factory, for once your sleep was not plagued with nightmares.

Carefully you crept toward the source of the noise, balancing on your toes as you peeked your head around the corner. In the kitchen, Jason was there, his hair was his usual red, but you noticed white lines going through it. He was clearly angry, his eyes a poisonous green color. He was shouting up a storm, throwing things across the room. It almost bore resemblance to a child throwing a temper tantrum.

Maggie was in front of him, her arms crossed in a wide stance. Her expression bore resemblance to a caretaker dealing with a naughty child.

Jason threw a glass at her. It hit the wall, inches from her head, but she didn't flinch.

"WHERE IS SHE? I KNOW you know where she is!" He screamed. She raised her chin at him.

"I have many dolls out looking for her Jason. You need to be patient and calm down." She said passively. He picked up a pot and threw it at the wall.

" YOU'RE KEEPING HER FROM ME!" He screamed. His voice was tinged with...desperation? Anguish? Your eyes narrowed, staring at him. You wondered what he would do if he found you, and moved closer to the wall, trying to stay hidden as you watched.

There was a clang as Jason threw something else, his breathing ragged and harsh. Maggie stepped forward and gently grabbed his arm.

"Jason," She started, and he pulled away from her, but he quelled his shouting for a moment, standing still. "I'll bring her back to you. But she's not here. We don't know where she is at the moment. Do you really want to see her when you're like this?"

"Like what?" Jason snarled, before his anger seemed to melt away, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "You'll bring her back?" He asked, almost childishly. She nodded.

"Go rest. Stop worrying. I have this under control," She said to him. He started to walk away, before pausing.

"Thank you," He said, in a half hearted tone of voice. He wandered off, and once you were sure he left, you walked into the kitchen.

"You're amazing," You breathed. Maggie looked at you, and gave a small smile.

"Thanks."

"How can you stand up to him like that?" You asked, glancing back to the door he left through.

"I know him, that's all," Maggie said nonchalantly, shrugging and picking up a broom and dustpan. " He's easier to deal with than you'd think. Just have to work around him and his moods." She began to sweep up the broken glass on the floor.

You still couldn't believe she lied to Jason's face like that. In an instant, Maggie had become your hero and your savior. You walked further into the kitchen. "Maggie, I wanted to thank you again, for saving me from Jason, and for letting me sleep here." If it hadn't been for her and Annabelle, you'd surely be dead. And now that Jason had lost you...this was your chance to escape.

She nodded again. "It's not a problem, really."

You continued. "I won't need much more trouble leaving. If you or Annabelle or some other doll could lead me back to his workshop when he's not there, that'd be great. The door I came through is in there, I saw it before you rescued me."