- inefficiency -

keep forgetting to mention that I changed Elenora's age so she's turning 16, not 15. Sorry for the confusion.

foreshadowing? yes please

please comment and vote, loves!

"YOUR DADS PUT THESE RULES in place, not me

"YOUR DADS PUT THESE RULES in place, not me."

"I know, Aunt Tasha."

"Okay then, say it with me."

"Okay."

"I will not leave New York City."

"I will not leave New York."

"City."

"There are cities in New York, that is correct."

Natasha dropped a manila file against the lab table with a thud as she forced eye contact with Elenora. She looked less than amused, but happier than angry, and Elenora knew that if she treaded carefully enough, she could get away with what she needed to do. After all, Natasha wasn't an unreasonable person.

"I'm not going to die," Elenora promised lamely.

Natasha was clearly not buying it. Elenora didn't need to die for Steve and Bucky to be mad. She had to be mildly injured. And it was easy to get mildly injured anywhere. "I'm not worried about you dying," Natasha told her. "I'm worried about me. Your dads will kill me if they knew I let you go wherever you're going without their permission."

"They don't have to know," Elenora offered a simple solution, taking her hair tie from her wrist and fiddled with it. "You won't even have to know, honestly."

"Whatever you're thinking of doing better not be dangerous," Natasha warned, watching the girl gather her hair into a ponytail. Though she'd never admitted it, Natasha was feeling a sort of pride at this rebellion. Elenora had grown from a shy little girl to a real teenager. Romance and rebellion and all.

"It's not dangerous," Elenora promised. "Just far. And not even that far. I'll be back before you notice. Please, Aunt Nat? I'll be super careful. And I'll help you and Uncle Bruce hide all of Uncle Tony's screwdrivers."

How could she resist?

***

Peter was on top of the Avengers Towers at six-fifty, waiting for Elenora. She had managed to get away from Natasha five minutes later and joined him.

Both of their masks were off as the stood on the helicopter pad, and they spoke as Elenora began tucking away the braid Natasha had done for her.

Peter was staring.

Elenora paused her motions and met his eyes. "Can I help you?" she asked, her hands stopping their motions midair as she tried to figure out what was going on with him. His eyes went from her hair to her and got wide.