Chapter 10: The battle of Pelennor fields

Niphredil was in the middle of the battlefield, killing the Orcs back and forth. She had managed to see Eowyn and Merry all the time. She was clearing around them with her bow. The riders broke the line of the Orcs and went forth but then the host of Haradrim came forth. Their giant Mumakils were walking ahead, clearing the way from any unwanted fighter.

Niphredil saw the riders throwing spears at the creatures in vain. She saw Eomer not far away. She put an arrow in her bow. "Eomer!" she shouted and Eomer turned to her. "tell your men to target the riders." She said and released her arrow. The rider of the closest Mumakil fell and the creature lost its way and collided with the one which was near it and both fell on the ground.

"Aim for their heads! Aim for the riders!" shouted Eomer to his men. Soon more Mumakil's was brought down. Niprhedil looked around. She had lost Merry and Eowyn.

The flow of the war took her away from Eomer and Theoden. Suddenly, she heard the cry of Nazgul and saw the ugly creature landed and took something in its mouth. Theoden. Niprhedil saw with terror that the creature threw Theoden away. She tried to open her way to him but more Orcs closed her way. She was fighting hard when she heard a scream and raised her head. She saw the Nazgul beast was headless and fell on the ground. The Nazgul dismounted from the dead beast. It was the leader of the Nazguls, the witch king of Angmar. He walked and dragged his mace behind him and stood in front of a small soldier. Niphredil's heart skipped a bit. "Eowyn!" she shouted and fight harder to open her way. She saw them fight but Eowyn had no chance in front of the leader of the Nazguls. She fell on the ground after a few seconds and crawled on the ground desperately.

Niphredil put an arrow in her bow and released it. it hit the armor of the king of Angmar and he turned to her. at the same time, Niphredil reached them and jumped down from Lótë's back and stood between the Nazgul and Eowyn.

"Pick up someone at your own size, you foul soul." She said through greeted teeth.

The witch-king laughed darkly. "So the Elentary of Lorien at last. The one that master wants. I can see why he wants you so bad. Great power flows in your veins. a power that you don't deserve." He said menacing and drew a sword with jagged blades with his other hand. "I will take you for him, myself."

"You are talking too much, monster

"You are talking too much, monster." Said Niphredil and attacked him. Their swords collided hard. The king spun his mace and Niphredil bent backward to dodge it. He spun the mace again. this time Niphredil spun around herself and forward. She dodged the mace and her sword injured the king's unseen arm somewhere on his elbow where his armor had been separated. He dropped the sword and clenched his injured arm but Niphredil didn't found a time to attack again.

"Niphredil!" Merry's terrified cry made her turn. She saw Merry on the ground backing away from an Orc who had his sword ready in its hand. Niphredil quickly put an arrow in the string and shot the Orc. She then turned to the king but as she turned, the mace collided with her belly and threw her a few meters away. Her grandfather's handmade shield protected her from mace spikes, but the severity of impact had caused her searing pain. She tried to stand but the pain blinded her and she fell on the ground, unconscious.