36. The Seline

"Souvenirs already?" Marcel comments on the small Eiffel Tower in my hand. "That's too typical."

"I'll get this." I hand the relic to the street vendor. "I can have some typical in my life. Is that okay with you?"

"You have to get something else."

"I'll let you pick it out." 

As I place the small treasure in my bag, Marcel says, "Maybe a skull."

"Yours."

"Mean."

"After you see what I have planned, you won't call me mean," I say. There's a secret riddled in my smile as I pass him. 

"Explain this to me."

"Huh?"

Confidence holds my chin as we stroll down the lined, Parisian streets. Filled with sweet and savory aromas, restaurants and bakeries sat adjacent to one another. The streets carry a buzz as diners bask and toast in the heady redolence and cloud-breaking sun. Others stand aside, taking photos with the elegant and delicate architecture as their backdrop. As for me, I'm buzzing with excitement as we head to our next adventure.

"How do you keep jumping in front of me with plans?"

"Well," I nod – sure of my testimony. "I know I have to move quick, because these trips are spontaneous."

"When do you do this, while I'm sleeping?"

"Or working out," I mention, swiping my finger passed my nose. 

I'm upset I didn't get to see his wet body this morning. Maybe I need to sit in the main room right when I wake up. I'm missing the best show of the day.

Deciphering whether it's flattery, marvel, or defeat, a huff leaves Marcel's mouth. "What do you have planned?"

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I step in front of the curly-head monster. The light shade becomes hazy as we both wear a smirk – his more attractive with the single dimple.

"Why do you need to know everything? You don't like surprises?"

"You did something for me?" He tilts his head, failing to cage his telling smile. It reads loud and clear above his bitten pout. I just want to keep this precious smile on his face. I'd make it my job. "What did you do for me, princess?" I nearly pur as he pinches my chin. I think I just did.

"All you have to do is follow me." I spin around, swinging my arms as I skip down the lively streets.

Walking into a local market, I pick up a grocery basket for my needed supplies.

"I need a blanket." I pinch my lips, not knowing which way to turn first.

"I see what you're doing." Marcel says from behind me. "I know we need wine for this picnic."

"It doesn't take much for you, huh? What gave it away? The fact that we're in a store when usually we eat out? Yes, we will be needing wine."

"A picnic... Ah."

"By the Seline." I add.

"Wow, by the river?" He deep tone slips into a high pitch. Knowing he's not about to let me get away with this one, I brace myself as I hear him hum. "That sounds romantic, don'cha think, Angel?" He's playful with the adjective as he passes me down the aisle.

"I'm just trying to scratch things off my bucket list.

"How long is this bucket list and with my company, how many things have you scratched out?"