5.12 - Fated

Dear Readers: HERE IT IS!!! The finale of Book I :D
I'm so grateful for every Fateful who has followed on this journey, and I hope you'll like the end of the first book - the beginning of a series to come :)

*** For this final scene, we'll flash forward hundreds of years from when #Cloder first met on earth. (Still in the ancient past, but 836 years later than 2020 B.C.) ***

Much has happened in the span of so many centuries... but we'll just get a little glimpse into a certain special day ;)  Hope you'll enjoy...!

________________

Scene 12: Fated

1184 B.C.   **please note the date!!** ;)

This was the end and the beginning.

The end of the wait, of the hundreds of years of heartbreaking surrender to fate. Of wholehearted devotion to duty. Of sacrifice, the sacrifice of human hope and happiness, the sacrifice of self for all that mattered so much more. Against the human heart that bled and shattered every day but kept on beating all the same. In his name.

The beginning of a new fate. Of her life, entwined in the way she had always desired. Even if she did not deserve it, she could no longer deny it. And knew now, somehow, after so many centuries on earth, that it was something she could never escape.

Cloe tilted her head toward the heavens, the high sun beaming bright in a cloudless expanse. Somewhere beyond the sun, beyond the sky itself, she could have sworn she felt the presence of her mother. Fleeing ever from her doom.

The youngest Fate had dedicated her existence to her task upon the Loom, upon the earth, to do all that she could to try to save her mother’s life. This was her purpose still, the compass of her soul. It always would be, till the blessed day she met Ananke’s amber gaze again and knew at last that she was safe.

If ever such a day should come. It was the hope to which Cloe most ardently clung. Far more ardently than to any hopes she harbored for herself. Though those were the hopes that this day promised to fulfill.

Would Ananke smile upon this day, if she were here to see, to share it with her daughter? The Fate needed this blessing, from the deity of necessity and destiny. Searched the vast space past the sky for honey-colored eyes. Yearned for assurance from the endless yonder that it wasn’t wrong of her, to let her human heart for once beat truly, to grant herself this gift. This one thing that meant everything. For the faith that she could indeed do this while still staying true to her duty.

In the name of everything she’d ever loved, and fighting every urge to cry, she promised to the sky that she would try.

“Are you waiting for someone?”

The sound of his voice pulled her gaze like gravity: irresistible and cosmic in its force, though rooted in the mortal earth. She let herself drown in the blue bay, in the depths of which her own human heart lay.

A shared smile mirrored itself upon two pairs of roseate lips, breathless with hope for what today would be the sweetest kiss.

“Not anymore,” she sighed as he drew near.

Rider came up by her side. Held her face in his hands, like a lost treasure found. All the many lives, of longing and of love, written in the lines of his palms pressed closely now upon her blushing cheeks.

They had weathered so much, throughout those lives. Whether together or apart, no matter where in the world at any given time, their paths had been fated to intertwine. Always. And especially now.